My friend/mechanic has coined her "the bike from hell." This Ninja 250 has only 8,600 miles on it and was running great when I bought it for my girlfriend last December. After giving it a tuneup, it has become a nightmare that has only gotten worse with time. It seems the more work we do on her, the more temperamental she gets.
Her symptoms are: high idle, drops a cylinder, then bogs out and stalls.
At this point, she will start when COLD with full choke. If you take her off choke and give her any gas, she will bog down and stall as in the video. Afterwards, it is very hard to get her started again.
YouTube - ‪Troublesome Ninja 250 (rough idle, drops cylinder, bogs, then stalls)‬‏
Does anyone have any ideas? We just ordered a CDI as a last ditch effort, because we can't think of anything else...
Here's what we've done so far:
1. Drained tank and filled with fresh gas.
2. New oiled air filter.
3. Oil change.
4. New NGK plugs.
5. Tested all electric and coils.
6. Pulled and cleaned carbs (weren't that dirty). Started running even worse after this.
7. Pulled and cleaned carbs AGAIN.
8. Valve adjustment. (Intake valves were tight)
9. Video = current condition