Maybe need a valve adjustment? Help. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Maybe need a valve adjustment? Help.

Hey guys, new to the thread and riding alike!
I've had plenty of dirt bikes, snowmobiles and quads throughout my life so I have a pretty good idea of how carb'd engines run.
I just bought myself a 2011 Ninja 250r SE ! It has 1,300 on her and she is a beaut.
The only thing I've noticed is that there is a bit of lag, or bogginess, every time I get on it. Even in 1st. I know 250's don't have a ton of power but I feel like I should be getting a bit better throttle response than what I'm getting now. The bike has been jetted with a DynoJet stage 2 kit and he has not gotten the valves adjusted so I'm sure that has a pretty big part in it.
I guess I'm asking if anyone has a write-up on the best way to adjust them myself, and anything else that would help the throttle response out a little bit.
Thanks guys! I'm really excited to be a part of the 250 community and a forum such as this.

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Special Edition
Growler Slip-On
Dynojet Stage 2 Kit
K&N Air Filter
Yoshi Fender Delete
Integrated Taillight
Driven D3 Grips and Bar Ends
And I peeled a few of the stickers off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

ImageUploadedByMO Free1393126892.425576.jpg there she is by the way. I'll be changing the tank cover. It's an Ed Hardy kind of design now, all black will be more of my style.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 PM

Just google "ninja 250 valve shim" theres some good writes ups on it. You'll need a decent set of feeler guages and a micrometer for measuring shims. Precison Shims in Austrailia has a superb selection of shims, 5 bucks a piece, cheap shipping. Im doing mine. Hardest part is getting your hands in there. Get a feeler guage that reads as low as .003 with .001 increments. Mine has a .0015 guage so i can double the leaves up for an even more precise measurement. New gen 250's use a shim and bucket design, where as the old ones had set screws and locknuts. Any questions, ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement