Rear End Knocking - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Rear End Knocking

I recently took my bike in to get new tires. The day after I get them put on I notice a small knocking noise that only happened right as I took off. I take it back in and the mechanic notices the guy that put my tires on didn't adjust the rear tire the right way. The tire was on crooked. So he tinkers with it a bit and I take off just fine. The day after this I ride for about an hour no problems. I take a little break and start back up again and this time the rear knocking is worse. I noticed yet again that the rear tire was set to different sizes on the adjustment nuts. So I tightened it back up and got everything even.

The problem now is the knocking has stopped for the most part but now I'm hearing a slight grinding noise from somewhere on the rear end. When I look nothing seems to be rubbing.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what it may be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 PM

The grinding could be a few things. Most likely either: 1.the rear brake disc rubbing against the rear brake pads OR 2. the rear axle needs a good greasing.

I would try loosening the rear brake and then resetting it on the rear brake disc before doing anything else.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement