my ninja makes a weird high pitch sound...merged threads - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM

This thread is actually how I found this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM

I asked my dealer about this as well. Based on what he told me, it is just the technology of a Kawi that does this. He said Kawasaki is a LITTLE bit behind the other big 3, as far as this technology goes. Of course, he said it is normal! : )
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
Question Gas Tank squeeeel....

I just got my bike Saturday, my first bike, 2008 Ninja 250 w/2700 miles on it. But Ive been reading up on the bike through this forum for about a month....
So when I heard this crazy little squeeling/whistling sound coming from the tank, I wasnt surprised...BUT.....
Id really like to know if it truely is normal.

Ive noticed, it does it on the kickstand when Im putting it up right and alsooo while Im riding, when Im slowing down but stops...

Im not annoyed by it or anything, its just realllly wierd.

And a couple people I know who have been riding for a while and who have had different bikes have no idea what it is.....so makes me wonder and hope its all okay....

Thanks.

Brandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM

It's all good in the hood

post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
;-) Thanks MINI
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 PM

definately normal it's pressure building in your gas tank next time it does it pop your gas tank lid open, you'll hear it go pshhhh and lose pressure lol
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM

When I get on my bike to begine to ride I've been hearing this...

I was getting worried because i read of a recall on leaking tanks and it seems I go through gas fast but it is a small tank... A few hours of riding around the city mixed driving, it seemed I used more gas then I thought a bike would use. Sound strange?
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 10:14 PM

looking for help! weird noises

Hello there!

I'm a recent owner of a 2009 ninja 250r! I love the bike and as a new rider I've been pretty disciplined in respecting the bike and staying within my limits.

I've also let my roommate drive my ninja occasionally.. and unfortunately today he tried to make an abrupt stop while going about 25-30mph in the gravel/dirt and lost control and dropped it hard on the right side as well as flying off it.

Thankfully he's alright.. a few big scratches but he'll be fine.

Unfortunately, parts of the right fairing are scratched, as well as the exhaust with a small dent on it, right mirror cracked, and right blinker lights broken. My BIGGEST worry is now when I start my ninja I can hear something like a squeal coming from the engine area where the gasoline is. Also, when I shake my ninja I can hear the gasoline swooshing back and forth (I swear I never heard those sounds before.. I may think I'm just being paranoid).

Can anyone confirm if there are gasoline swooshing sounds when you shake your ninja side to side or up and down? And does anyone know what the problem might be with the squeal sound? It happens when I turn or get ready to turn on my ninja, sometimes when I make turns, and when I'm braking.. I believe there's a small hole in one of the gas lines and the air pressure leaking is making those sounds..

Sorry for the long post and thank you for any help and input!
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 AM

That sucks dude, thats why i never let anyone use my bike. As for the gas swooshing around, thats normal i hear it all the time especially when im getting low on gas. The whining noise is pressure buolt up in the tank, open your gas cap and youll hear the pressure release. Keep riding and be safe!

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 PM

Let my brother ride my 2012 in our driveway. Slammed the back brake and laid it down. I used turtlewax to cover up small scratches. I notice my bike makes a whistle from the gas tank which is normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement