my ninja makes a weird high pitch sound...merged threads - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreezMunky View Post
Mine does it as well and the bike has 1,600 mi on it. I've gotten used to it, actually grown somewhat attached. Its like my bike talks to me..

Then again it could be I'm just losing my mind with the house being so quiet with the husband deployed lol.
I don't talk back, though. I just let it unload; say whatever it wants and I just nod along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

thanks! now I know that it's not just mine.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Mine makes the same noise. Its not a problem tho, its the Gas fumes releasing from the tank. If you open your Gas Cap, you can see 2 little holes on either side of the large hole (The one you put the petrol in, BELIEVE IT OR NOT ). Those two holes release the noise. I actually quite like it.

---Moff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 08:51 AM

Search the web, there is a fix for this. You have to drill a hole a little bigger so it can vent the pressure correctly. I know we are not supposed to post other forum links, but check out kawiforums.com and search for it. There is a wealth of info there on this subject.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 AM

I asked a Kawi mechanix last time.He said that the noise is gas venting and it's normal.If you open the gas can the vapor releases no more noise.i guess its just a build up of gas presure.Thats funny my friends where trippin out on the noise last time in my backyard they didnt know where it was comming from told them my house was hunter.LOL
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:55 AM

I guess it's a better alternative to vapor locking the gas tank. I got that with my '96 ZX7R and the bike wouldn't start, I'd have to open the gas tank, close it, then it'd start right up.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 AM

I have the same noise as well and my bike has 7k.I think this is part of the pressurized system,I only hear it at low fuel levels.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Mine does the same thing. I thought I was crazy at first. Mine does it when it just sits, not while riding. Or at least I don't hear it when I am riding. I figured it was just air pressure releasing........
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM

i had the same problem, but got rid of it. its supposed to be like an emissions thing for the bike, but i just went in took off the gas cap and drilled the holes a little bit bigger to make it stop. or you could just buy a new gas cap
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Mine does the same thing an happen the day picked it the same day It rolled off the floor room floor. They told me it was from the pressure that builds up in the tank. It dosen't happen all the time. My bike is am 08 an has less then 1000 miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement