2008 Kawasaki Ninja Starting Problems Help PLEASE - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

2008 Kawasaki Ninja Starting Problems Help PLEASE

Dear fellow Motorcycle Riders,
If you guys can help me or give me any quick tips that could solve my problem. I would greatly appreciate it, because honestly I am stumped!! So recently I had to return back home and left my bike alone for three weeks. I had my friend turn on the bike once a week to charge the battery. But sadly when I return, the bike would not start. When I tried to start it, it was just flat. First i took my buddies 09 Ninja and placed it with mine and the bike would not turn over. I changed the spark plugs thinking it would help but nothing as well. It continues to make the same sound over and over. Any suggestions or help guys. I greatly appreciate it.

If you guys go onto this link, its a posted video of what my bike sounds like basically.
http://youtu.be/EDd8_mcBvF8

Last edited by InfamousTalent; 06-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 AM

Obviously you have a dead battery looking at the dash light on the video. If your friend really started it up once a week you should not have a carb problem after a few weeks, however if he did not, that could also be a problem, weak gas (depending on how the bike was stored) and dirty carbs.

Start with the easy stuff first, you may want to try some Star Tron Fuel Treatment and fresh gas before you tear into the carbs or have them cleaned. Use the choke when starting the bike.

Motorcycle Battery Maintenance Tips

Trouble Shooting Guide
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Spark plugs not the issue...

Are you trying to say that you were trying to jump start your bike with the buddies bike?

Is the fuel valve open.. and is there fuel in the tank?

If it has been sitting for a few days to a week or so it can take a bit for the fuel to get from the tank to the carbs and if your battery is week it will not turn the engine over fast enough to draw new fuel into the carbs...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

LoL, no I did not try to jump my bike with my friends. He has the same model bike as i do but just different year. I basically just took my battery out and place his battery in. It still continue to make that sound on the youtube video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement