Torque Specs and LED Taillight Blinkers HELP! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Torque Specs and LED Taillight Blinkers HELP!

Does anybody know the motor mount bolt torque specs for 09 250R. Just got my frame sliders installed but I don't have the specs. Figure that's a pretty important set of bolts to get the torque spec right.

Also, I just got my LED taillight with integrated blinkers. But I can't get them to blink??? I hear the relay clicking but it's going really fast... Any help is appreciated I'm new here and it's my first bike!!!

Thanks all I really appreciate it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Head Janitor

I'll look in the service manual tomorrow morning and let you know.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:15 AM

I don't know about the torque spec, but the turn signal is a common problem on cars. The bike probably has a thermal flasher. A thermal flasher is dependant on load. More load = slower cycling. LED lamps draw less current, putting a smaller load on the flasher.
You can do one of two things. Either switch to an electronic flasher (often designated by part number EL-12 - about 10 bucks) or somehow add resistance to the circuit. You could add a small (maybe hidden) bulb to the circuit, or add an inline resistor.

If you still have problems, first check to make sure the LED is hooked up right. A LED is a diode, so current will only pass in one direction, so it is VERY important that correct polarity is observed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Head Janitor

According to the service manual, Engine Mounting Bracket Bolts and Nuts are 47ft-lb torque.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Vtec

Hey man sorry I couldn't wait and found a killer deal on a PDF for the manual that had it and all 468 pages, if anybody here needs a manual page let me know...

However, some extra help on the integrated tail from Bike Monkey I'm getting some conflicting reports... From some other forums which I'm not sure are right say I need a thermal relay. From the part they said that I could hook them up but will blink fast (which I'm cool with) but they don't do anything other than constant on, and when I try and trip both wires a mega fast click comes from the relay, but no blinky LOL! I like this forum and figured someone has purchased the same taillight as I have from AU off Ebay (bike monkey) and hooked it up no problemo. It's one wire going into 2 which tossed me for a loop....

Thanks again guys and if you need some manual pages for something specific feel free to let me know.

Shifty
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Update!!!

Kenny you da man!!! Took me a bit to find the relay (it was right in front of my face )... Ran to the autopart store, girl who rides hooked me right up! Only cost $3.99 and worked sweet!! Thanks to all of you for all your help!!! This site ROCKS!!!!

Take care all, hope to have some pics together when I'm all done...

Shifty
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Head Janitor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement