Carb issue. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Carb issue.

I'm have problems with carbs. I have a 06 and it will idle fine and runs good wide open it in the middle of throttle it starts sputtering. I adjusted the air mixture. I started at 2 and a half turns out and its running better but I have the mixture screw about 4 turns out now and don't want to go out more than that. Should I move it out more or is there another issue that I'm overlooking. I have pod air filters on it. What should I do from here. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnrs View Post
I'm have problems with carbs. I have a 06 and it will idle fine and runs good wide open it in the middle of throttle it starts sputtering. I adjusted the air mixture. I started at 2 and a half turns out and its running better but I have the mixture screw about 4 turns out now and don't want to go out more than that. Should I move it out more or is there another issue that I'm overlooking. I have pod air filters on it. What should I do from here. Thanks.
What else have you done to the carbs?
Main jet size?
Pilot jet Size?
How are your needles set? The needle height affect 1/2 - 3/4 throttle fuel mixture.

The pilot jets control the idle mixture. If the air screw has to be turned out more than 2.5 -3 turns for it to idle properly, you probably need a smaller pilot jet
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Carb issue.

Not sure what size it is can check.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

I checked jets and they are stock. I just bought bike and I found no air box nor air filter so I installed pods. I have read that I might have to re jet or move needle up. The only other mod that I know is the baffle is out of both mufflers. As of now the bike runs good if I give it gas slowly, bogs down if I give it gas too fast.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnrs View Post
I checked jets and they are stock. I just bought bike and I found no air box nor air filter so I installed pods. I have read that I might have to re jet or move needle up. The only other mod that I know is the baffle is out of both mufflers. As of now the bike runs good if I give it gas slowly, bogs down if I give it gas too fast.

With stock jets, open exhaust and pod filters, your bike is running lean, despite the fact that it may be running strong. The fact that you have to give it gas slowly, turn the pilot screws out too far, says it's lean and your jets are too small. You will probably need 110-115 main jets if you plan to keep the pod filters. Stock needles will need at least 2 shims.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dablue 1. I changed the main jets and shimed the needle. Bike runs great. Thanks again for the advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement