pinouts?? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

pinouts??

i have a 96 250 ninja i got for cheaaap, it was in pieces but motor only had about 5k on it. i got everything needed to get the bike going except the guy didnt give me the ignition module. so i ended up buying one from i guy i met, and it was from 94 got it home and went to install it and the pin setup is different than what i have on the bike....i was confused thinking 88-2006? was all the same thing?? stupid me. after reading i guess the bike has subtle changes within a certain few years.

WEIRD thing is i got the bike and it came with a brand new harness...this lined up perfectly for all the connectors...but the igniter clips are different..the big one is a 6 pin connector with only 5 pinned...and the little 4 pin has 3 pins being used....COMPLETELY different from the igniiter i pickup for my exact model year bike 2day.

this is annoying to me because i cant find a pinout for exact spots where i could possibly switch wires around to make this work...ANYONE have any INFO or IDEAS that can help me out??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM

have you tried ebay? Maybe you can swap the original harness on the new ignition switch, or change the harness that you currently have on the bike. Couldn't you also just wire the ignition switch directly in and not even need a harness? Just a couple ideas

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

its the igniter not the ignition switch, and i could do everything if i had a pinout..you know where each wire lands in the harness plug. i do not see a pinout anyone i have looked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM

oh my bad. Have you tried calling or going to a Kawasaki dealer?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement