Steering issue when cornering. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Steering issue when cornering.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and bikes in general. I just bought a 2007 ninja EX250-F as my first bike this week. It's a lot of fun and I get what all the fuss is about over motorcycles now.

But I had some of my experienced rider friends give it a spin and they told me that the bike takes a sudden drop during moderate turns. They said it was surprising, but they were able to catch it before it fell pretty easily.

Well today I finally felt bold enough to take a turn a little more aggressive than usual and I felt the same thing. Only it scared the crap out of me and I didn't feel safe taking anymore turns that low.

So my question is what could be causing that? The handle bars wobble noticeably when I take my hands off them above 45 mph, but are solid under 40. Other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong with my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM

I have the same year and exact bike. It's my first bike as well. As far as I know all bike's do that. I've read on other forums and heard other people say that you really have to force bigger bikes into tight corners. Not that it's hard, but it takes some amount of strength. Our 250's drop noticeably right into corners which makes them killer bikes in the twisties and it's the reason that our 250's will beat just about any bike out there going down roads with a lot of twists. I think all handlebars for these bikes do that also.. hard to really know what to say about that without seeing it or riding it myself

If you're really worried about it I think you should just go to a local bike shop and have them drive it for a little while and tell you what's up. They may not even charge you anything.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM

I also own a 07 EX250 first bike have been riding for about 6 days...

I wanted a small bike for that fact that i figured A. its fast enough... B. when I get good it should be a good track bike.

(It's more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow)

But I've been quite shocked on how low I've been dipping in turns... Im not moving to quick 20-40mph, I try to take them easy.

Ive down shifted by mistake near the end of a turn and spun the back wheel and had to lift up quick but the bike seems very forgiving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM

It could be the profile of your tires believe it or not. How new are your tires? If they have a big flat spot that could be causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170
Just remember.."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic
For every person that came in "too hot" and ran off the track, there is somebody else who comes into that same turn, even hotter, on purpose.

Last edited by Six4three5; 05-01-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement