Anybody had problems with a EX250K yet - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Anybody had problems with a EX250K yet

Hi

I recently bought an EX250, I happened to be doing quite well at the time and, living in NZ, we got the new fuel injected model this year so after about 3 weeks of reading up, asking questions and watching reviews I decided to pay the extra money (and the only part of me that regrets it is my wallet)

I love the bike even when the weather punishes me and have managed to knock out atleast 1000 kays a week for the past 4 weeks (about 650mi).

Only thing is a couple of days ago I set out on a ride (About 400 kay ride) on my own as per usual (none of my friends ride, they all think it's 'dangerous'). While on this ride I had a problem with the bike: intermittantly the bike will lose power as if the engine had been cut, head light and other electrics seem okay and temperature was at the bottom of operating range (as it always is on the open road), the only way to get the bike running again seems to be switching it off and restarting which seems to fix the problem.

I think it may have something to do with long periods of open throttle as it only happens after travelling at 120kph+ for atleast 10 minutes, (top speed is about 150) and then usually it cuts out when the throttle is further increased (not necessarily WOT).

Also the longer the key is off between cutting out and restarting the longer it seems to take for it to happen again

I already posted this on the Kawi forums but couldn't find some one else thats had this problem so I'm doing everything I can before I take it to the dealer since its so intermittant that it hasnt happened since and I suspect the dealer wont be able to diagnose it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM

ok i have a friend that had a new bike that would run great then stop runing just like that. then start up again. he took it to the shop but they could not fix it.then he got it home to try this. see if your gas top is bad.if the tank is not letting air in to get gas. ??? vaper lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement