Transmission won't get out of neutral - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Transmission won't get out of neutral

I have a 2007 Ninja 250. The engine had a bad crank and cases. I got a 2001 crank and cases from Craigslist. I got rid of my crank and cases and put all the parts and pieces in the 2001 case. The engine runs (see my carb vacuum hoses post), but I can't shift the transmission out of neutral. It will clunk sometimes and the neutral light goes out but it is still in neutral. I've tried putting it in 1st and 2nd but nothing. I've tried all this with the bike on the center stand. I'm going to try taking the shift linkage off and try to put it in gear with another gear shifter I have lying around. The thought is maybe the linkage needs to be adjusted. I have not messed with transmissions before and I'm at a loss of what to do or try.

Thanks for any and all help,
Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

I tore the sucker down...again. Took everything out. Put the shift drum and shift forks back in. Put both transmission shafts back in. Made sure things were shifting ok. Put everything back together. Started her up tonight...running good. put the tank and seat on and dropped her in 1st and let the clutch out.. 2nd, 3rd. She healed herself. I must have had something not quite right before. Gonna take her for a spin tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement