loss in performance - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy loss in performance

hi guys...
I own a 2011 ninja 250r. My ride had covered about 8k kms. The thing is my ride does about only 160Kmphr which is quiet less compared to other bikes. As i had a problem with my clutch cables and plates, i had changed both in my last service. As in my state i don't get the octane-95 fuel,i went for the octane additives (ie) ictane boosters. I made a creepy fault in mixing it with unleadee fuel as i was not consious about the proportions. When i was cleaning my ride,i found a clogged air filter filled with oil all over it. I cleaned the air filter well and made sure that it is free from oil substances and fitted it back. and i noticed on my weekend ride, my bike lags much in performance, the engine yells loud but i dont feel any push. And the bike tops about 150kmphr and that too with a lot of struggle. What would be the cause for the loss of performance and what is thw immediate remedie to over come this? ....... Help me out guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:47 AM

Firstly, a stock air filter requires oil in it to work properly that's how it traps dirt particles that would otherwise enter your engine. So put some oil back in it just enough so when you squeeze it it doesn't drip any more. Secondly, a 250 is not a high performance engine. I repeat, is not a a high performance engine and doesn't need 95 octane. 87 octane will do just the same. Save your money. The only additive I would use is a recommended amount of fuel system cleaner like techtron. Sounds like your pushing your bike pretty hard? Are you redlining ? If you are then your engine will suffer! Clean or use up your current gas, refill with new 87 octane. If your talking about your bike under performing a ZX6R ninja well of course, the 250r will never run with one! Don't endanger anyone else or yourself with your riding habits.

Last edited by TurtleSE; 09-16-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Grammar.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinraj View Post
.... I made a creepy fault in mixing it with unleaded fuel as i was not consious about the proportions.
Since you live in India, you want the lowest octane you can by. That's it.
Don't mix octane boosters with it. Although it raises the octane number, it lowers the fuel's ability to ignite fast. The Ninja 250 performs better with the lowest octane fuel.

Drain all the old fuel you have in the tank, check and replace your spark plugs. Also replace the stock air filter if you have not done so. Kawasaki recommends replacement @ 2 years.
Is your clutch adjusted properly? Make sure it is.
Is your oil level correct? Too much oil can be forced into the airbox and cause performance problems as well as an overly oily filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

@turtle se thanks a lot for your suggestion.. I dont rev my ride that hard or red line it every time i ride.. I got lot of respect and passion over it.. And as i didnt get the push which i got before my plates were changed just made trail... I will make sure that i dont endanger any one's life and i will ride safe... I owe it to you... "happy riding days ahead mate". (y)

@dablue 1 thanks for your suggestion buddy.. My cluctch adjustment is good.. And engine oil is at right level.. Will change the spark in a few days and let you knw about the result...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:34 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds good. Just curious? Almost all the Ninja 250r's in North America have carburated engines. I know Kawasaki makes a fuel injected model for other countries. What type of fuel delivery system does your bike have??
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

@turtle se fuel injector type buddy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement