First Bike!! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

First Bike!!

Hello Everone, I'm 15 now and I've been wondering what's the best bike for me, I've road dirt bikes every now and them and I'm comfortable on a 250cc dirt bike, however what do you guys think is better for me either Ninja 250r 2012 model or a
Ninja 300 2012 model

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 PM

Well if you have experience from dirt bikes you could probably go for a 300 but streetbikes and dirt bikes are different. The 250 is just a great beginners bike im a new rider and i love the 250, its just a light and easy to ride bike. You could always start out on a 250 then swap for a 300 later down the road.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

I think that too, do you enjoy your 250 can you tell me more about it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 AM

Both bikes are good, the 300 is a bit better all around in my opinion. I'm not sure if you can legally upgrade to a slip on or a full exhaust on a 13 bike though. I never actually tried riding a 300, but I can imaging how fun the extra power can be. Plus it it's fuel injected bike with a wider rear rim. You can't go wrong with either bike, both are fun and lightweight.If I were you, I would just buy a used 250 and maybe get a 300 later down the road.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanFrench View Post
.... do you enjoy your 250 can you tell me more about it?

Maybe this can answer your question a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
The 250 Ninja has been around for over 25 years and believe me, this is a well made machine and can handle just about anything you can throw at it. (you will get tired before the bike will) The 250 Ninja is by far one of the most versatile bikes around. Look around at some of the other 250 forums and the number of riders still riding their older model 250's all over the place, the iron butt riders (long distance/endurance), track racers, land speed racers, tourers even some off road. The 250 Ninja does it all, unlike some Supersports. If this is your first bike, it is the perfect thing for you to learn how to ride.

Like I said, you can do it all on a 250 and be absolutely fine with a 6 hour trip. Just make sure you do the necessary maintenance and preparation before your trip (keep in mind that hwy riding at high speed might require a sprocket to reduce engine rpm). Honing your riding skills is really important and the 250 is hands down the best motorcycle for beginners to professionals alike. Until recently, it's been in a class all by itself for a longtime, so it's longevity is a testament to it's reliability and owner loyalty.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM

i've taken my bike on a 16 hr round trip to see my mom and it was fine

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM

I've been riding a 2008 250r for a couple years and recently test rode a 300.

My overall opinion: I like the 2008-2012 Kawi ninja much better. The style of the ninja 300 body is wider and has a more upright seating position. I like how the 2008-2012 ninja is a little more narrow and, to me, feels more leaned forward. This was surprising since I liked the 300 body style in images. But after the test ride, I preferred my 2008 250 over the 300.

It's really up to you, whatever you like more dude!

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement