New Rider - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

New Rider

Hello everyone,

I bought my 1999 250 ninja in October, as a first bike.

My question to anyone out there is should I be aware of any parts that may need to be changed out soon? Sadly, I have laid it down on the left side and currently looking to get it fixed. The motorcycle itself seems to run well and a buddy of mine, who works on motorcycles, looked at it and said it is just cosmetic.

Also, I am looking at upgrading the front turn signals to look more flush. Any other ideas for modifications? Hopefully modifications that can be made by myself.

-Rossi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131028_121348_903.jpg (81.1 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM

I like your bike, it's the only color pre-gen that I will buy.To answer your questions,other than lights, tires, and saddle bags...there's not a lot of mods you can do compared to the newer ninja. I know you can custom weld a slip on or get a Yoshimura and a few other things like a re-jet or airfilter upgrade, and aluminum fuel cap. You just gotta look around different sites. Here's a couple of places that will help start you up, don't forget about ebay there's a lot of little accessories that you can buy. Personally your bike looks clean I would just keep it original.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/...TAINLESS-STEEL

There's also a K&N air filter
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=KA-2586

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared

Last edited by BoBo; 03-13-2014 at 04:26 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM

06 Plastics

I have a complete set of 06 plastics. I'm located in VA.

https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9273
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 11:24 AM

there actually may be more you can do to your model than you can for an '08-'12.

Here's a thread will most of the mods I've done to mine:
https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1397

Outside of the ones I've got on there, I've also installed stainless steel brake lines and installed a 12v power outlet socket in the front of my bike.

There are honestly tons of mods you can do. These are all that I've chosen to do to my bike though because I don't feel the need to change anything else.

As for the turn signals, I can't find them on ebay, but here's a couple links:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smoke...681091890.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-K...387632380.html

Installing these does require you to drill into the fairing to make room for the light socket, but it's easy and you'll never see the hole. The overall installation is very simple.

As far as things that may need to be changed, obviously change the oil as you just bought it, check the air filter as it may need changing, and you may want to learn how to check and adjust the valves, which goes hand-in-hand with syncing the carbs.

When I bought my bike, I knew nothing in terms of mechanical stuff, but I built up my confidence by doing cosmetic mods and that gave me the confidence to get into the engine and work on the bike myself. You may also want to look at changing the brake fluid and the coolant. I'd have your friend help you out to look at that stuff.

If you have any other questions, let me know! It's a really nice bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 03-15-2014 at 11:27 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM

^ I don't know about that, from my experience there's some stuff you can buy for the older models like clip ons or rear sets and other little stuff. On the other hand, with the newer 08-12 models you can buy the same parts with more variety.

On top of my head I can name a few exhaust for the 08-12 model: Area P, tyga, scorpion, Yoshi, Two brothers, V&H, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, and FMF. I don't know if the pre-gens even have that kind of option. Same thing with Buble wind screens, frame sliders, racing fairings, Marchesi wheels, and 17'' tire selection for the newer models.

I could be wrong, there are many sites you can buy parts for these bike bike. Revzilla is a pretty good one. I saw some parts for the older 250s. Motorcyclesuperstore is OK, but after they keep giving wrong parts,so I kind of stop buying from them. (MST) gave me a Yamaha sprocket by accident, and when I returned it, they charged me restocking me. Revzilla doesn't do that.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 PM

You can buy double bubble windscreens (and others), aftermarket exhaust kits (slip-ons and systems), racing fairings, aftermarket mirrors, fender eliminators, rear sets, clip ons, risers. There's also mods that allow for bigger tires, though I personally don't see why one would want to take away what makes this bike great which is the handling.

Not comparing the 88-07's with the 08-12's, but it's probably fair to say that the mods are endless for both. We live in a creative country where just about everything has been tried on both of these bikes and you can find what you're looking for if you look hard enough.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 03-15-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement