Kawsaki 250R good for someone 5'3? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Kawsaki 250R good for someone 5'3?

I am interested in riding a motorcycle and ive sat on a honda sport motorcycle, forgot its name, and it was difficult for me to put both of my feet on the ground i had to lean and put my foot down. My friend told me the bike is too tall for me. Is the ninja 250r or 650r good for my height?

my height is: 63 inches, 5'3, 161.5 centimeters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 PM

I have the same problem

I have the same problem you do. I am 5'4" 140lbs. The inseam on your pants you where is kind of important to measure seat height. I have a 30inch inseam on my pants so it's going to be difficult to put both feet down with a bike with a seat height taller than that. The ninja 250R had a good seat height for me at 30.5 in. I believe. The honda CBR250R has that same height. The Ninja 650r 2009 and newer has a 31.5 inch seat height. I sat on one at the dealer yesterday and I know I did have trouble. I was on my tip toes and not real comfortable. You can get lowering kits though for most bikes so do your homework on the bike you want go to the dealer and sit on as many as you can and get a feel. Comfort is important in riding so sit on lots of bikes. lastly STUDY STUDY STUDY. The more you know about a bike when you go to the dealers to sit on it the less they can try to sell you on it because you already know the info they try to use on you. This is a good forum read through lots of threads as well as many other reviews from motorcycle magazines and whatnot. Knowledge is power. Know something about whatever bike it is you are considering before you put one hard earned penny toward any of it. Sorry I rambled.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM

im 5ft5 170lbs [i think there are 14lbs in a stone ?] ive got a 29 inch inside leg and i can get both balls of feet down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement