slick tire? and about my first REAL ride - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
slick tire? and about my first REAL ride

YESTERDAY.....I rode about 6 hours...first day I actually was able to feel my bike out! So much different riding long distances then just riding around town.
I was able to figure out how to down shift slowing down without braking completely or at all :-)
I took off hard as much as I could just to get the rpms up and feel what it could do. I hit 12000 once and wow......the lil ninja catches alil somethin somethin at about 10000 rpms and up, surprised me and made me say "YEAH, THATS NICE"

I took off hard at a light 2nd gear right away rpms get up, 3rd gear same....and I left a harley 882 low (something like that) behind (shes a newer rider too lol but another rider was next to her and she was going thru her gears tryin to take off behind me LOL) that was nice :-) but knowing if she was experianced she could of taken me without a bat of the eyelash im sure.
My boyfriend was riding with me, has a 06 yamaha R1 (1000CC) and was toying with his bike and would take off hard and it killed me i could really do much,but i tried LOL.

It was alot of fun, gettting to know my bike yesterday..i could talk about it for hours haha....but i wont.

But for some reason, my bikes rear felt like it was gonna slid out from under me for most of the day thru turns....scared the piss outta me.....the tires are still stock tires and about 10000 miles worth of tread still left on them, but we noticed yesterday that the way they were ridden prior to me buying the bike apparently they took turns pretty easy..cause the tire is kinda slightly "squared" off, not rounded. so we are thinking that because of the way they are worn, when i take a turn, i lean and take it and my tire kinda "blips" from the straight edge onto the side and i notice it because its squared off ....anyone understand that? LOL. ALSO, you run your hand over my tires, they are slick.....slippery. its wierd...
so im thinking of maybe getting a better tire, maybe a racing tire..something more sticky??!?! anyone have any idea what im talking about???

I hate the feeling of it wanting to slip out from under me, it makes me afraid to take the turns the way I want.....the way the bike is capable of doing!!!

ok, im done rambling LOL...

Brandi "FunSizedNinjaGrl"

IM GOING TO REPOST THIS IS ANOTHER AREA TOO JUST TO SEE ABOUT THE TIRE THING....SORRY IF YOU RE READ IT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 04:42 PM
3bs

I can imagine how that would feel but good thing I got a new one lol. I don't know much about bikes but I'm guessing getting new tires would fix that.

I once had a sideways skid cause I had to break really hard suddenly and I used the rear brake too much and it was scary as hell. Thank god I didn't fall or anything
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
yeah...thank God!
last night I was dozing off and had a dream that i was going around a round about and the back wheel slipped and i did one of those deals where you jump in ur sleep and wake yourself up LMAO....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 09:06 PM

When tires are new they have a film on them that is very slick... you have to be very careful when scrubbing them off. If the previous owner never used the full extent of the tire the outside edges probably still have that film. Also, if there is a noticeable flat spot down the middle of your tire you may just want to replace them, it's really not that expensive to replace your tires... obviously much cheaper than a car and much safer to ride on properly worn tires. Hope that helps a little.

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to anxient Deviant
Most of the time when the tire is squared off like that right down the middle it usually means that it has Alot of highway/freeway miles on it. As the guy prior posted new tires have a thin film/layer on them that makes them slippery till you wear them out.. Usually you can see how far they are worn by the "chicken scratches" they get. New tires are a good option for you if you're that worried the rear tire might slip out on you. Ride safe

2011 white/ebony Ninja 250R
2001 black/yellow gixxer 600

"The world would be a better place if everyone drove a motorcycle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement