dont know where to start!!!! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

dont know where to start!!!!

So I'm completly nnew to this. None of my friends have bikes they are all car people but for the longest while i have been thinking about getting my bike license and narrowed it down to where I really want to get a 250!!! I'm taking a bike course but I'm not sure what I need for gear!!! Also do I need to get a certain kind of boot or shoe or would a tight fitting pair of sneakers be fine? Sorry this might sound stupid but like I said I dont really know many people with bikes!!!!!! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 PM

1-helmet, you don't want it to fit where you can move the helmet around while strapped in. When you move the helmet it should move w/you

2-jacket, that really depends on you but I always think its best to get a jacket that has elbow shoulder & back protection, you can wear a leather vest if you want, but you should have gear for the inevitable fall not the weather

3-gloves, mine have a hard plastic over the knuckles so when I fall & I'm sliding my knuckles & my hands will be ok

4-pants, I personally only own 1 pair of riding pants so that's up to you

5-shoes/boots, I just wear dc's others will argue about this but hey it's my ass on the line not you

& lastly (this has nothing to do w/what you asked) but ride within your abilities don't show off to your friends!! do what's comfortable to you. To give you a better pic of what some of us look like here's me (insert vanity pic here) lol ps do you have a pic if your bike? ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370668036.956563.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!

Last edited by Gabe81; 06-07-2013 at 10:11 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Spend some loot on some boots!! Feet break easy!! Go hard or go home, that course is fun pay attention

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 PM

Cuz I do t have boots I'm not cumming hard I think my wife begs to differ hahahahahaha

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! And I'm going be a baby when I start riding sso I'm proably not going to let anyone even see me drive around let alone show off! . But I dont think showing off will ever be a problem! =p is there anything really important I should know before I stert riding? I have read up on a bunch of stuff on websites but its always better to ask from people what they tell people personally!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 PM

Watch out for cars

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM

Boots? Preferably something without laces and over the ankle. Several times I have either had the lace loops (the "rabbit ears" from the knots) catch on the gear shift mechanism, or have seen a riding buddy have that happen to them. Either way, the result is falling over on you left side at a stop light...

If you plan to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Rider Course you will be required to wear non-lace up, over the ankle boot.

Things you should know:
  • You are invisible
  • That pothole you are staring at will be the pothole you hit
  • Countersteering - believe it, learn it, understand it, experiment with it
  • MSF courses are a very good idea
  • Jeans, t-shirt, hair - none of them stand up to a crash. Wear your gear

That's enough for now. Bikes are great transportation and are a lot of fun, but they will kill you if you get too cocky with them.

G26
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:59 PM

http://www.rockthegear.org/

Full gear every time out, it's not about whether you ride safe or not, it's about the other drivers that don't pay attention. Dress for the crash, not for the ride.

CCS & MCRA #81

2010 YZF-R6
2009 YZF-R6
2010 250R
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM

Yeah, a good armored jacket (mesh stays cool even in summer heat and keeps the sun off), in addition to helmet, gloves and boots. Overpants are also available in mesh, but are more difficult to put on and take off, but you'll be glad you had them if you ever go down. Look for (or add) CE-approved armor. I use hiking boots, and haven't had a problem with the laces (yet). They are actually comfortable for walking, unlike most biker boots.

A great idea is to get high-visibility colors for your upper body (helmet, jacket or both). This really helps you catch the attention of other drivers.

I commute, and made a steel cable to lock all my gear to the bike's helmet lock when I park, and then I cover the whole mess with a silver half-cover, which keeps the bike cool, prevents solar damage to everything, and deters thieves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement