Can't believe I dumped it. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Can't believe I dumped it.

So I bought my first bike about two and a half weeks ago. Needles to say, I freaking love the thing! Red 2000 Ninja 250! I've been getting on it every chance I get. If a trip doesn't for sure require a car, I'm on my bike! So when a friend wanted to go to the waterfront I geared up and headed out. The day went great until it was time to head home. I was taking a right turn out of the parking lot and dump. Honestly, I'm not too sure how it happened. I wasn't going very fast, but it was enough to do some damage. Bent my rear brake peddle, broke the right blinker, cowling, bent the handlebar and added some scratches. My riding gear did its job though. Jeans were not a good idea though. Lol. And the parts hunting game.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcosuna5091 View Post
So I bought my first bike about two and a half weeks ago. Needles to say, I freaking love the thing! Red 2000 Ninja 250! I've been getting on it every chance I get. If a trip doesn't for sure require a car, I'm on my bike! So when a friend wanted to go to the waterfront I geared up and headed out. The day went great until it was time to head home. I was taking a right turn out of the parking lot and dump. Honestly, I'm not too sure how it happened. I wasn't going very fast, but it was enough to do some damage. Bent my rear brake peddle, broke the right blinker, cowling, bent the handlebar and added some scratches. My riding gear did its job though. Jeans were not a good idea though. Lol. And the parts hunting game.

Cold tires, some sand or gravel in the corner, inattention, worn tires, etc.

Sorry to hear it happened though.

But as the saying goes, there are two kinds of motorcycle riders: Guys who dropped their bike, and guys who are eventually going to drop their bike.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Haven't dropped mine yet but I'm waiting for it lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM

I dropped mine second night i had it! Course, I bought it brand new and have NEVER rode a motorcycle. After work I would take the bike out and ride around my neighborhood so I could feel it out and learn how to turn and was practicing U-turns and figure 8's. While doing a U-turn I ran over a small rock I the road which was enough to cause the front tire to slip and I reacted.. Although I managed to keep it up, I went straight towards the curb and while trying to veer from it, the side of the front tire knocked it and it plopped into some rocks.

I know the feeling man, it sucks. Glad you're ok and hope you are able to repair the damage. It still hurts to look at mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.6 KB, 28 views)

2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636
2001 Yamaha YZ426F dirtbike
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Last edited by AZninja2012; 06-04-2013 at 10:40 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM

I went down once in the rain at about 15mph while slowing down for a turn. Only had been riding about 1 week at the time

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Happens to everyone.. Unfortunately..

2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636
2001 Yamaha YZ426F dirtbike
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I walked away ok. It does suck to look at.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement