Wind - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Question Wind

I was out riding today and the wind really bothered me. It was not a very windy day I guess the gust were the issue because I wasn’t going that fast. Sometimes as little as 45mph.I was on the hwy going across a bridge at the lake and was going 50 give or take a few and I was really paranoid that the wind was going to push me over this normal to new riders? I have never done much hwy riding; or is it he weight of the ninja? Any tips and or suggestions would be great! I was riding with my neighbor who was on a Harley and he said you just have to learn to get used to it.

Last edited by Chis; 03-17-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Really it's the bikes overall shape, size and weight. It just gets pushed around. And if you're light yourself it's just going to get shoved around even more.
It is something you just have to get used to. Have you ever ridden a dirt bike? If so the bike moving underneath you shouldn't be to much of a scary experience. If not then remember to stay calm and stay the course.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 PM

After awhile it won't affect you at all. Just takes getting used to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,Yes I have ridden a dirt bike but this is different.I have gone fast on bikes but never traveled at a distance of what I am doing now.Mostly farm roads and country roads are my experience(which are not much better with pot holes the size of your front tire and gravel at every turn)ha ha haha.I got used to that and I will get used to the wind I just was unsure about being pushed over and yes I only weigh 135 after I eat.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:03 AM

I have only been riding for about 8 months now and it dosent bother me anymore. I weigh in at 178 and still get pushed if a cross wind comes through. To me it was just like getting used to someone cutting me off in traffic......its going to happen just stay alert and relaxed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement