How Am I Going to Replace This? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

How Am I Going to Replace This?

Hi there fellow Kawasaki Ninja riders,

I've just recently took out my Ninja 250 battery to charge it, and upon closer inspection it seems to be missing an accessory. It is the threaded nut that screws into the bolt holding the negative terminal together. I can still put on the bolt to make the lead wire touch the anode side, but when I turn on my bike the wire shakes due to the bolt not holding it down firmly. This causes the bike bike to die since one side of the battery isn't properly attach. The nut I am talking about which corresponds to the bolt is seen here:

Now, how am I going to replace the missing nut? So far I've been holding the wire down with a sponge in order to keep it in place. This may or may not be risky, but I've been trying to ride it as seldom as possible.

Please, any ideas on what I should do or where could I replace this nut? I don't want to buy a new battery either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM

How Am I Going to Replace This?

Shit I have no clue but that drawing is fuckin killer

Local forum asshole!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 PM

both the nuts and bolts come with the battery when you buy it. I'm not sure where you can get nuts like that, but you could check a local bolt, nut, and screw store if there's one near you. They're small batteries, so I doubt most auto parts stores will carry spare nuts for them.

You could also go ahead and just buy another battery if yours is old. If your current battery is not old and doesn't need replacing just yet, at least you'd have the nut and then when you do finally need to replace the battery, you're already set

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 AM

Any place the sells and installs a bunch of powersport batteries (motorcycle, ATV, PWC lawn mower repair shops) will probably have some junk batteries with these nuts on them. if you ask, I'm sure they would probably give you one.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadster00 View Post
both the nuts and bolts come with the battery when you buy it. I'm not sure where you can get nuts like that, but you could check a local bolt, nut, and screw store if there's one near you. They're small batteries, so I doubt most auto parts stores will carry spare nuts for them.

You could also go ahead and just buy another battery if yours is old. If your current battery is not old and doesn't need replacing just yet, at least you'd have the nut and then when you do finally need to replace the battery, you're already set
That's actually a good idea, thing is how long would I be able to store the new battery in its container?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Any place the sells and installs a bunch of powersport batteries (motorcycle, ATV, PWC lawn mower repair shops) will probably have some junk batteries with these nuts on them. if you ask, I'm sure they would probably give you one.
I'm always going to my local powersport shop and I never thought of doing this. -.- *Facepalm*
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideTheLightning View Post
That's actually a good idea, thing is how long would I be able to store the new battery in its container?

I'm always going to my local powersport shop and I never thought of doing this. -.- *Facepalm*
as long as you need. Both batteries I've installed have the acid in a separate container. Not sure how long it takes to lose its acidity in there, you could always ask the guys at the store/shop

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement