Pavement pinstripes... - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
tek

Pavement pinstripes...

Yep. I was making a right turn, not speeding. I leaned a little too far in, the brake pedal caught the pavement, the ass end lost traction and down we went. Slid about 20 feet, My knee looks like someone held a belt sander to it. My jeans lasted maybe a foot. (no more regular jeans on the bike for me) My jacket has no marks/tears. :/ Right handlebar is FUBAR, brake pedal is grounded down and the right fairing and muffler have some scratches. As soon as I install my new to me brake pedal and get my OEM handlebar or set of woodcraft clip ons.(I haven't decided yet) she will be back on the road.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360866532689.jpg (58.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360866562926.jpg (74.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360866576413.jpg (70.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360866587600.jpg (65.2 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by tek; 02-14-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM

Re: Pavement pinstripes...

I feel your pain. Wife backed into my Ninja250 a couple of months ago. Went down on its side and popped the indicator through the r/h fairing (stupid stock indicators protruding out) and scratched up the muffler and bent handlebar slightly. Bought an online injection moulded fairing, but the finish just isnt the same as OEM. Good luck with repairs (may be a good excuse to upgrade muffler....).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
tek

Re: Pavement pinstripes...

That's shitty, All that damage from getting backed into and falling. I'm not too worried about the cosmetics right now. I just want to get back on the road. I plan to replace the fairing, muffler & cover later. Found a new OEM handle bar for $70 and a new woodcraft clip on set for $161. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
tek

Shitty year for me. Went down again because a car decided to switch into my lane. Honked my horn to get his attention but he kept merging. I moved over into the center lane BUT, a garbage truck happened to be waiting in the center lane to make a turn. Tried to brake + downshift to stop but it wasn't happening. At about 30+ mph, all happened within 3 seconds. I went over, tumbling to a stop. Helmet, gloves and jacket are trashed. Knee armor, boots and kevlar pants held up. Pain in my wrist, but the x rays say no broken bones, possibly tendon issues he was cited and Ivy (my 2fiddy) might have bit the bullet this time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by tek; 05-05-2013 at 03:33 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I feel your pain. Wife backed into my Ninja250 a couple of months ago. Went down on its side and popped the indicator through the r/h fairing (stupid stock indicators protruding out) and scratched up the muffler and bent handlebar slightly. Bought an online injection moulded fairing, but the finish just isnt the same as OEM. Good luck with repairs (may be a good excuse to upgrade muffler....).
So sad, i wish you feel is better.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
did the exact same thing damage wise in the middle of daytona on day 1 with the bike. kickstand pulled back up wasnt all the way down and it fell on me lol after that ive broken every piece of pastic ive put back on haha shes totaled now after rear ending a car, but got hit by a deer a few months before ad a car the year before that. didnt ever lay it down, this last one like frame and all is messed up bad. but with 16,000 mi im giiving up on 250 and street and will be racing a R6 as a track bike with an ama instructor lol would ride a kawi but there alot more r6 spare parts because theyre common and i plan on crashing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement