Yay or nay? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Question Yay or nay?

Hey everyone

New to the site as you can tell also gonna be new to riding. I was just wondering everyone's opinions on what I should do. I am 22 years old ridden fourwheelers all my life and am very good at driving standard so that is not a problem. I have decided on a 08+ 250r for my first bike due to the fact I've never ridden one and that I'm 5'10" only 125lbs. I have researched about the bike and decided that it is best for me. Now to get to the point I found 2 used ones at the nearby dealer one being a 2010 special edition with 1,476 miles on it with the normal 30 day warranty for $3,699. The next is a 2012 special edition with 1,045 miles on it for $3,899 but this one comes with a 5 year factory warranty good until may 27th 2016. My main question is I was gonna go there with $500 down and see if they would give me a 6 month finance because I could pay it off definitely by July. Do you guys think it would be worth it or should I save up and wait till summer for older used ones? I only want an 08+ model which around here 08-09s with 5,000 miles go for $3,200-$3,500. I have no bills and currently am saving each check without cashing it. Each week I am getting approx. $270. What are your guys input should I go for the one with factory warranty? Or wait? I would like a red or white one preferably but I also like the green. Also in another year if I decided to upgrade I know I could get at least $3,000 back on it so I wouldn't be eating that much. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 AM

Re: Yay or nay?

I personally would go with the 2012 SE model and take the MSF course ASAP. Costs about $180 but helps learn how to ride correctly and also lowers insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 AM

Re: Yay or nay?

I agree.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM

If you plan on upgrading quickly, as a guy who loves paying much less I would suggest you just get an 08-09 with a little more miles on it and pay much less for it. However, if you plan on owning it a while and riding it a lot, then the best choice is probably to get one with low miles and pay a little bit more. The best advice I can give you no matter what is to take someone who knows motorcycles with you when you go look at a bike or test ride a bike that someone's selling. That way you know you're getting a great bike no matter the miles or the cost.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure how long ill be keeping it, I mean I know ill like the sport but it depends if I enjoy the bike and feel no need to upgrade then I will keep it for a while however if I feel I want more then I would upgrade but who knows when that would be, whenever I feel comfortable enough to do so if I decided to. From specifications point of view 105-110 or wherever it tops out at is fast enough for me but there's no way to tell the future if I'd want more out of it or when I would. My credit scores around a 500 if that helps on any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement