What kind of pants do u wear when u ride? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

What kind of pants do u wear when u ride?

What do u recommend for riding around downtown and on the freeway ...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM

As long as you're wearing long pants like jeans or such, you're good. I don't even own riding pants, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 PM

I don't own any either. I always wear pants when riding though

I'm starting to think I need to buy some though. I need some that are pretty much padded sweats since I wear shorts everywhere. That way I can just take them off once I get to a destination

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 PM

I wear shorts when I'm taking a shorts when it's hot and I'm not going far. ( 2 miles to school for me) I'd like some riding pants to put over my shorts. I noticed my jeans sometimes don't cover my ankles and its getting cold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert13 View Post
I wear shorts when I'm taking a shorts when it's hot and I'm not going far. ( 2 miles to school for me) I'd like some riding pants to put over my shorts. I noticed my jeans sometimes don't cover my ankles and its getting cold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
get some warm socks and buy some of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-P...859dcd&vxp=mtr

that might be a temporary fix at least!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Alpinestars makes the best stuff in my opinion. I have some jackets and a pair of there pants, even some gloves. Some of there stuff is more expensive but you get what you pay for. And I won't lie, I wear jeans and shorts alot of the time too, but if you go down they'll not protect you one bit. Depending on speed, jeans will shread in less than 10 seconds. So just remember, sweat is easier to clean off than blood and stone. Have fun and be safe.

Later,

Cracker7
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Bern knee pads. Padded shorts, which have plastic built in over the tailbone and hips and over that I wear motorcycle specific jeans. I believe that you are a more confident rider when you have the proper equipment on.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM

Riding gear

Most of the time, I wear jeans, boots, hi-vis jacket with armor, leather gloves, and a full-face helmet. If I am staying on-post, I will slide out with a long-sleeve white shirt, and the other pro-gear.

My son doesn't have any real gear yet. He has a 3/4 helmet and wears eye-pro, his dirtbike gloves, elbow and knee pads that he'll wear along with a long sleeve shirt, jeans, over the ankle footwear, and a hi-vis vest. He is 7. I want to get him a jacket, full face helment, and leather gloves, but that will come in time. I don't take him off-post here in El Paso, and the speeds on post are 25-35 where I do take him.

Soon he'll have all the gear since we are getting him a dirt bike and gear this Christmas...hopefully this is a success and not a flop.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
tek

Either Riding pants or jeans WITH armor underneath after what happened to me last week.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM

I agree with you. It takes going down to understand why you're wearing stuff.

My slow low side when a lady in an SUV cut me off left my jeans with scuff marks on the knees and where I had my phone. Looking at the jeans you'd think nothing happened but my left knee cap had a pretty nasty road burn on it.

I was pretty sure that I'd just use jeans to ride on but now am convinced I will wear proper riding pants with armor or kevlar jeans with armor underneath.

Your jeans *may* protect you some from abrasion but impact is another thing altogether.

ATGATT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement