Does every biker upgrade if they started at a 250cc? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Does every biker upgrade if they started at a 250cc?

Does every biker upgrade if they started at a 250cc?

I am getting into biking and was planning on getting a 250cc sport bike and doing some sick mods because I was thinking of staying at a 250cc. But before I do that I was just wondering if any bikers stay at their 250 sport bike or does every rider upgrade at some time? Basically, is it realistic for me to think I'll stay with the 250 instead of upgrading?

Thanks for any answers. This is a very important question for me. And the bike, of course, I'm getting is a Kawasaki Ninja 250r.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 AM

Dude your going to want to upgrade. And your going to want to upgrade fast. I bought by 250 two months ago and put 2000 miles on it in the like month and a half. I am already looking to sell and upgrade. That beside I def suggest starting out on a 250cc motorcycle. Where r u located I am looking to sell mine haha but you def will look to upgrade. I thought the exact same thing as you that I was going to keep it. I love this bike but freeway ridding (which I do a lot for committing) gets challenging on a 250 because of its weight. Def start on a 250 though you will love it though for the limmited tine you keep it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 06:37 AM

Depends on if you always feel the need to have the newest and biggest. I've had my 250 for 3 months, 2500 miles, and not looking to upgrade because I don't see the point. Any other bike Ill get worse mileage, higher insurance, and the 250 tops out around 90mph. I had a 50cc mopes for two years, and the only reason I upgraded is because it couldn't go on the highway.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM

No. Every biker does not upgrade from a 250. Upgrading is definitely going to be based on your level of maturity, confidence and experience as a rider. Don't feel pressured to upgrade because someone else tells you that you need too or that the Ninja 250 is just a beginner bike. Gain as much experience you can on the 250 as you can, then make a fully informed decision about upgrading. My advise would be to ask yourself what do you expect out of the bike and is it obtainable with the Ninja 250, get the bike, learn how to ride it properly and fully, do the necessary mods to get the best function & performance out of the bike, then enjoy it for as long as you desire.

Here is a good thread to read for newbs. Form Equals Function: Sportbikes are Not Beginner Bikes
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

I'm in Florida. What about you? Just curious, because I was looking at the 650r. What are the insurance costs for a Kawasaki Ninja 650r? Because I know 250 insurance costs are very inexpensive if I'm informed correctly.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM

I live up in ct and yes 250 insurance is dirt cheap. I assume that the 650 would be a little more for a mew rider and such bur I doubt by much. Insurance on a bike just seems cheap to me anyways lol since car insurance is rediculous for anyone under 25. To give a perspective I am an 18 year old clear record....200 a year for my 250
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters202 View Post
I live up in ct and yes 250 insurance is dirt cheap. I assume that the 650 would be a little more for a mew rider and such bur I doubt by much. Insurance on a bike just seems cheap to me anyways lol since car insurance is rediculous for anyone under 25. To give a perspective I am an 18 year old clear record....200 a year for my 250

24, one at fault accident 150 a year comprehensive

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement