Conflicted - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Conflicted

Hey guys I just registered and like the title says I'm a little conflicted. I'm not new to motorcycles, I've had Honda and yamaha cruisers but its been eight years since ive rode and now I've got the itch again but this time I want to go the sport bike route. Ive got a couple friends who ride sport bikes and one tells me I should start with a 250 and the other says just jump on a 600 hundred and go. I like the newer 250 ninja I've sat on one and liked the feel I'm only 5'8" and 170 lbs. I'm worried that I'll outgrow the 250 before I can afford bigger bike. Anyway I love the forum seems to have a lot of friendly ppl with some good advice. I've been on a couple other forums that weren't so awesome lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 AM

The 250 is a great bike. I own a Ninja ZX-6R aswell but I ride my 250R much more. As a biker that has rode more powerful bikes, you probably will out grow the 250 pretty quick. The 250 is a very fun bike though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Dude I love the ZX-6R's! The 250 does look like a lot of fun. Having never ridden a sport bike I guess I'm just a little nervous about learning to handle one and am a little intimidated by the size of the bigger bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 AM

The ZX-6R is a wonderful bike, but if i didnt have my 250R first...I would ha e totaled my big bike.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Outgrow?

The first mistake any rider makes is to fall victim to peer pressure. And sometimes, it is their last. Who is riding the bike? Therefore, you make your own informed decision with what you want. Since you already said you like the feel of the 250r, you should go with that unless YOUR OWN gut tells you differently.

Unless you are looking to rocket around at 100+ mph speeds, you won't be "outgrowing" the 250r.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm definitely not lookin to rocket around at 100 miles an hour. My gut is telling me to go with the 250 I just wanted some opinions from ppl that are more experienced than me. Thanks for the info guys
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Enjoy the 250!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I will!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 09:20 AM

I've been commuting about 70 miles everyday this week and will be for all of June. I love doing this on the 250. I think any other sportsbike would get uncomfortable. I like the upright riding on the 250, which has handlebars similar to a touring bike. So glad I bought this bike instead of a bigger one. Cheaper, easy maintenance, more than enough power for me to get from A to B easily going 80mph if I want, while still getting the best MPG. Not much else you need, in my opinion!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Well I'm not rich so cheaper the better! I live about 10 miles from work so commuting with the 250 will be perfect! I'm hoping to have the money together in the next month or so. Hopefully I don't miss the riding season. It's a small windo here in sw Washington lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement