What's your gear? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

What's your gear?

What are your favorite brands for gear or what are you currently wearing/using for riding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js790 View Post
What are your favorite brands for gear or what are you currently wearing/using for riding?
i bought a hjc that has a drop down shield and a visor freakin love it. my girl got a scropion helmet but she hasnt used it yet lol. i bought a pair of icon gloves they feel comfortable and dont look bulky. jacket would be nice dont got one yet but look for one any ideas? i got a green 2012 ninja 250r. i think i like icon as far as what my riding gear brand would be.

yeah its a 250 so what....you have a mountain bike with a 50cc motor straped to it!!!
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 PM

My gear

I have a scorpion ardent helmet, joe rocket Phoenix 5.0, gloves olympia ( never heard before ) I like scorpion/or joe rocket.. p.s.love my helmet

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 PM

When I started riding I would wear anything. For gloves in cold weather I'd wear ski mittens. For a rain suit, I'd go to Wal-Mart's camping department and buy a two piece nylon raint suit - which works fine! Now I can afford "real" motorcycle clothing. I like Tourmaster and Joe Rocket jackets/pants/gloves. But that doesn't mean other companies aren't good too. Givi seems to make good luggage. JT good sprockets (they are the brand used from the factory on your new 250r (mine is green too!). Oil, I use Kawasaki oil for now, it's JASO MA certifide (as are all the factory oils). I may switch to Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w-40 later. For clothes, read the reviews posted and make up you own mind, I'm sure you'll pick something out that you like.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM

One last thing, I have a Z1R full face helmet. Motorcyclist magazine tested a bunch of helmets a couple of years ago, and regardless of price, Z1R's tested the BEST of all of them and they were among the cheapest (around $99). It was a great helment test, it's probably posted on line.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 PM

I have a scorpion helmet ! And Alpinestars jacket , gloves , and boots! love them both so far !!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 AM

Speed and strength (seven sins)ss1500 helmet, shift jacket, speed and strength moment of truth gloves and speed and.strength hard knock boots.

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

i need to get some gloves any recommendations ?
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 PM

I have leather BILT gloves with carbon fiber knuckles from CycleGear.com

They run specials all the time and may even have a store near you. Mine were $30-$35 and they're awesome. Similar to these. http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ves/web1009968

I wear a BILT jacket in a tall size since I'm 6'7 and a $90 spine brace inserted
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ket/web1001044
and
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ert/web1001672

I finish it all off with my HJC CS-R1 helmet.

*Tip - if wind noise annoys you pick up some earplugs. Don't assume right away that they're make you deaf. They simply kill high pitched noises like wind and allow you to focus and hone in on important sounds like your own bike and cars around you. Go with Hearos ear plugs. http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ugs/web1003064

I'm more than satisfied with each purchase.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 AM

Scorpion skull bucket jacket, HJC modular bluetooth helmet, Scorpion gloves.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement