First Time Riding Ninja EX250! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

First Time Riding Ninja EX250!

It has been raining since the day i purchased bike last week. Even today, after looking at radar i had about a 1 hour time frame before next cloud came over me, so i decided to take some pictures and ride. I geared up (Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, and Motorcycle Shoes.)

I just road around the neighborhood a few times and it felt great! One thing i need to practice is Turning! I am taking MSF course in a few weeks and ready to learn proper techniques, but until then i will only ride in my neighborhood.

A few things i have noticed is that i need Choke on in order to keep it from stalling on. (may need carbs cleaned seeing that last owner kept it garaged for a year). Clutch has about an inch of play and steering lock doesn't work. Other than that it seems to run fairly strong.

A few PICS!

And Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Very clean bike! Have you played with the steering lock? If you're not used to a bike you may not know to wiggle it back and forth a bit for it to take. Generally you want to turn it all the way left for it to catch.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 PM

very nice bike! Looks brand new!

With the steering lock, either turn it all the way to the left or turn it to the right just past point straight ahead. It should lock both of those ways

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 PM

Wow, that bike is clean! The cans are almost mirrors! I would definitely recommend at the very least an in-line fuel filter, it will be a great mod to increase the longevity of your bike, and reduce any future need to clean the carbs(as long as you winter it correctly-I think I say that you live in Virginia). It won't hurt to take the carbs off and clean them, as you don't know what exactly is going on after a long year of shelf time. If you do it yourself, you will learn a lot about the motorcycle. Go here for some awesome tips and explanations on how to do almost anything to your bike that is worthwhile:

http:// faq.ninja250. org/wiki/Ninja250_Howto

If that link stays true, just eliminate the spaces in your browser. It will also do you well to do some youtubing, I learned a lot from a guy on there named mr.maxstorey, he shows you how to clean a motorcycle carb, and the carb on our 250's are uncannily similar to the one he cleans on his channel, only half the size of his. I did mine in just over 1 hour, removed, cleaned, and re-installed. And it worked a world better after I did it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement