Just got an 08 250R, few questions... - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Just got an 08 250R, few questions...

Hey everyone!

I just purchased a 2008 Ninja 250R, Black, with 2600 miles. I absolutely love the bike and am so happy I decided to get into motorcycling riding.

As a complete motorcycle n00b, I have a few questions. I did a quick search but found only fragments of information so here we go...

1. Should I have the bike serviced ASAP?

2. Are there any little things I can look for that would be potential "warning signs" aka things I may have to get fixed soon?

3. Do I need to have the bike inspected? Some friends say yes, some friends say no it doesnt matter.

4. How often do oil changes need to be done?

5. Are there any easy-to-install mods that you would recommend right off the bat?

6. What else does a new rider need to know about the 250 in general?

Thanks guys! Will post pics soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 02:52 PM

I would say just go ahead and get the bike inspected at a motorcycle shop. Especially if it legally needs an inspection sticker lol.

Typically, you change the oil every 3,000 miles. I would go ahead and change it now if I were you; since it's still a young engine and needs cleaner oil than a bike with more miles. After this, you can stick to changing it every 3k.

I have the older model 250, so everything else is foreign to me lol. Welcome!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 03:18 PM

1-yes
2-flat spots on tires
3-yes
4-I get mine done every 2months or 2,000 miles whatever comes 1st
5-girlie tassel's on handle bars J/k
6-great on twistes & gas, have fun

We raise hell bitch!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:56 AM

Congrats on the purchase. Hope all has been well since you've posted here! I've answered your questions to provide some help/advice! Enjoy the learning ... Since it never stops.

1. Should I have the bike serviced ASAP? - Yes!

2. Are there any little things I can look for that would be potential "warning signs" aka things I may have to get fixed soon? - tires being worn out or over used in the upright position. (ie: low threads, flat center) scrapped foot pegs, chain/chain slack, sprocket teeth just to name a few. I, definitely change the oil n filter.

3. Do I need to have the bike inspected? Some friends say yes, some friends say no it doesnt matter.
- I saw if you want a clean bill of Health for your moto, Yes. Us you'd be legal!

4. How often do oil changes need to be done? - every 2-3k or 2 months or by the end of the riding season depending on your riding style and environment.

5. Are there any easy-to-install mods that you would recommend right off the bat? - Fender eliminator, wind shield, rear spools

6. What else does a new rider need to know about the 250 in general? - Like with any bike, learn it's soul, the rest will come naturally.

Hope this helps.

Sent w/my iPhone using MO Free!

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 PM

Congrats on yr new bike. I since you don't know history on it I would get it chk out. I have an 08 an took in at 700 miles for service an taken to dealer @ 3200 miles an was told to bring it back @ 4000 for next service. I was told this by 3 dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement