My first day of riding - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

My first day of riding

Well I'm done riding for today and I think it went pretty good for me. After riding around my neighborhood for about an hour I finally took Betsy (my 250r) on the main streets to go get some gas. I stalled her only twice which made me feel good. I just wish it was a little bit cooler outside. I'll be riding alot more tomorrow when the sun comes up. I do have a question that is probably dumb but ill ask any ways. If I was to get new tires for my ride will it help me take corners easier? I know the tires I have needs to be replace but will it change alot on how she steers? And how much more life does these tires have left?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1336795497018.jpg (117.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1336795683175.jpg (47.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1336795728423.jpg (34.6 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 PM

Congrats! Keep riding! Be safe of course! If you want to take corners better, yes tires matter but since you need new tires (the ones now don't have much life left)
So upgrade the width of your tire. I got the biggest tire possible for the rear and boy it helps! Cheers!
-Joseph
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM

replace the front tire first (unless you can do both simultaneously). That will help a ton. My front was worn when I bought the bike and replacing it with a Pirelli Sport Demon made a HUGE difference with turning in general.

Nice bike also! The seat it has is really nice. Those things are pretty expensive. Is it comfortable?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM

Don't ever feel like any question which will help you ride better and safer is dumb. We need more responsible riders out there. Nice bike! I did notice on your fairings that some bolts are missing. You can find new ones to fill the holes at Lowe's, just take one off near where there is one missing, from the same fairing, walk to the hardware dept. The bolts are metric, so screw them into the sizing holes near the bolt drawers, and you will find out the measurements of the bolts. If the heads of the new bolts are not big enough be sure to get washers which match the size of the stock bolt heads. Also, VERY IMPORTANT- the bolts which go into the gas tank MUST be the same size as the stock ones, or you will break the bracket, which is bad news. If you need the exact size bolts, let me know and I can get you the exact measurements. Be safe!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgss77 View Post
Don't ever feel like any question which will help you ride better and safer is dumb. We need more responsible riders out there. Nice bike! I did notice on your fairings that some bolts are missing. You can find new ones to fill the holes at Lowe's, just take one off near where there is one missing, from the same fairing, walk to the hardware dept. The bolts are metric, so screw them into the sizing holes near the bolt drawers, and you will find out the measurements of the bolts. If the heads of the new bolts are not big enough be sure to get washers which match the size of the stock bolt heads. Also, VERY IMPORTANT- the bolts which go into the gas tank MUST be the same size as the stock ones, or you will break the bracket, which is bad news. If you need the exact size bolts, let me know and I can get you the exact measurements. Be safe!
great info

if you have a local nut/bolt shop, take one of the bolts there instead of Lowe's because nuts/bolts are they're specialty. Lowe's isn't a bad place to check though. I replaced all the bolts on my bike after I bought it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement