Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

New bike

Tags
bike
3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  leveroge 
#1 ·
So I'm new to the riding community and have finally found it in my financial budget to purchase my first bike, I'm confident (not to be confused with cocky) in my riding abilities. Have passed my msf course and taken all proper precautions to be a safe rider. It now comes down to choice in bike. I of course chose a ninja 250 preferably 2008 or newer. After a couple months of hesitating on making a purchase I've found a bike that I'm relatively happy with. 9k miles, lots of modifications including fender eliminator, flush turn signals, frame sliders, delkavic exhaust, shorty levers, pro jet kit, rear cowl, ebc brakes, as well as a few others. The bike is well taken care of. Comes with all maintenance records, all modifications were done by professionals The original price was $2,000 which I felt to be fair considering there are two very light scratch markes on the right side most likely cause from laying down in a garage. Being that when I had first begun this adventure a year ago I was tight on money, I had only bought the absolute necessary riding gear. During conversation with the seller I had brought up that I may be interested in buying his gear. (And this is where I'm at a bit of a stand still) he is my same size, gear is very nice. Jacket still has tag which is over $300. He gave me a price of $2,400 for all gear and all stock parts that originally came with bike. To me this doesn't sound bad at all. Although shopping around I could essentially purchase the gear separately and save $200. My question is.. is this a good deal and do I need the stock parts just in case? My other issue is that the bike is about 30 minute drive from my home. It's a nice quiet road with very little traffic. I've ridden the road a few times to check for any road hazards as well as waves or potholes and have yet to find any. I plan on riding the bike home due to the fact that I don't own a truck and don't want to spend money on a trailer. Is this a poor choice. And if so. What options should I look at into getting the bike home. Once again I'm confident in my riding abilities, so it's not a question of nerves or inexperience. More so safety. Thank you so much for taking time out to read my post and hopefully I get some answers because I'm going crazy!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Just found out some more information. The seller just told me that because the bike has a pro jet whatever in it. The bike should not idle and is meant to be run right after the choke is turned. Does this sound correct? Or is there a problem with the bike. im getting an uneasy feeling with him saying that. Could this be a huge issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.