Really tall rider! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Really tall rider!

So, I'm another freakishly tall guy that's going to be getting his first bike soon. Yes, yes... before people tell me that there are other threads about this, I have read a few of them. The problem is, that most of these other "tall rider" threads are guys that are 6'2" or 6'3".. Well... I'm 6'6" 235 lbs, 35" inseam Any other really tall guys out there with 250Rs, or that have at least driven a 250R? The obvious answer to this is to go test drive one, which I will be doing after I get my endorsement (class next weekend!). I'm mostly just going to be using this for an around the city bike, I won't be doing much highway travel, and I probably wouldn't be caught dead on the interstate around here (Well, actually, yeah... if I were caught on the interstate I likely would be dead). I sat on a 500R and the posture felt pretty good, but as it stands, my insurance for 250R would be 500/yr, and a 500R would be 1.1k/yr. I can't justify paying that much more for the insurance if I'd be fine and happy with a 250. The place I went to, surprisingly, didn't have any 250Rs; I think they'd just sold both of the ones they had the day that I went in (near closing time).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM

holy crap 500 a year for a 250? seems high to me :/

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 PM

I know a guy that's 6'4", 180 that has a 250 and in my eyes he looks really crammed on it. He feels fine though. I think he'd be better suited for a 600cc or a 500. Hopefully the riding course has 250's and not 125's so you can get a feel for the size of the bike in general.

You could also just get liability insurance on the bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

I need to look at just liability, I think those quotes were for just a little more than liability. But, to that tee... I'm 23. That's why the values are so high xD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morael View Post
I need to look at just liability, I think those quotes were for just a little more than liability. But, to that tee... I'm 23. That's why the values are so high xD
I'm 24, I pay 100 a year for liability.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Who do you get your insurance through, if I may ask?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morael View Post
Who do you get your insurance through, if I may ask?
Progressive. I do have a discount for completing the MSF course, I pay 100 a year for liability on my 250 and my fiancé s 49cc moped together.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM

I pay about $150 a year for liability with AllState since. I'm 21 and I'm a customer with them on my truck. I got my license but still haven't sent them my MSF completion course certificate for the extra discount. I could've paid it all at once, but why when I could do a small amount monthly? lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, that was for complex insurance, as I thought. I knew that sounded expensive I was just busy at work yesterday and didn't bother to email my insurance lady back.
She's quoting me 230 for just liability for the 250... that still sounds a little spendy. That's with All State and she said they don't do a discount for having a MSF class.
Needless to say, I'll be shopping around for more reasonable insurance.

Insurance stuff outta the way, any other tall guys with 250s? Opinions?
I'm leaning on looking into a 500R if I can find one, I've been told that the longer body might fit me better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement