New Rider - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

New Rider

Hello all, new rider, just passed my MSF course and got my bike, this site has been very helpful in my attempts to make my bike more unique.

So far, removed decals, eliminated fender, flush front and rear turn signals, new grips, tinted headlight

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1334543001212.jpg (101.2 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Btw, 2006, 2500 miles, I paid 1900 for it

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Great bike. I've got an '07. I like what you did with the rear turn signals as opposed to relocating them to the rear pods. Makes them more visible. I'm in the process of adding extra tail lights into those extra pods. You should do the same. It looks pretty cool with the whole rear end lit up, as well as add visibility and make you safer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

did you tie it into the license plate lights or brake lights? some pics would be greatly appreciated!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM

I'm not completely finished yet. Still have to get some extra wire to add the ground wire to the socket

I connected the sockets to the actual tail light instead. At ninja250.org there's very thorough instructions on how to connect them

The sockets don't fit in snugly into the holes that the pods have. So you can either tape/glue them in there, or do what did. I was looking around autozone and found this black, circular, rubber oil grommets. Basically I glued the rubber grommets onto the ends of the pod-holes. Then I stuck the sockets through and they fit fairly snugly in there so they stay put

The problem I'm having is that there HAS to be a ground wire connected to the socket. To get the light to go from tail light (running light) to break light requires a relay with the ground in the middle: tail light>ground>break light

So what's happening with mine so far is that the lights are running when I'm not breaking, but once I brake they turn off and only the stock break light works. Gonna fix that this week. It's a really simple thing, honestly. I just didn't know I needed the ground wire.

If I was confusing or wasn't thorough, feel free to ask me some more questions. If you check out ninja250.org, you shouldn't need any of my pics. My whole tail is honestly a real mess lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 04-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

just installed LED body lights

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1334624981104.jpg (51.3 KB, 11 views)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM

nice! That looks pretty sweet

Here's what I did, and I can simplify it a lot. Here's some pics

The bulb in the socket (two-wire socket)

Stripped the ground wire that I was going to attach. All I did was place the stripped end right up against the wall of the socket and then used electrical tape to keep it on there

Seems like a ton of connectors lol. Two of them are *fails*. But the rest, you have to attach each socket to all three wires: the red running tail light wire, the blue brake light wire, and the black-yellow ground wire. So Each wire is supposed to have two connections in it. It's honestly very simple, it just looks a little complicated.

The end result:
Running lights

brake lights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement