Bike Research - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Bike Research

Hey, so im looking to get a 2008-9 model 250r. And the whole reason im on this form at this point is to see if it would be a good fit.
So it would be my first bike, and as of right now i have no riding experience but i am just itching to get in this world. My dad has a lot of motorcycle experience and would be a more than adequate teacher when i get my license. Which im hoping to get just after my 18th birthday so i dont have to go through the permits and such.
So far from what ive seen, is many people getting this bike as their first ever bike and loving it! I have been on bikes my whole life but i just have never driven one. In my opinion i should be able to pick it up fast just considering the fairly in-depth description of shifting and all that good stuff!
So my main question is, what are the main or most commonly occurring faults with this bike (mostly mechanical), and how long could i expect it to last, if i keep up with routine maintenance as necessary.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge or technical terms, thats why im here!
I appreciate any and all feedback. No matter how basic!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 PM

the shifting is a little kinky. Not a bad thing, but it can be annoying to some. You've got to be firm with the shifting. If anything, it teaches you how to shift effectively. There really aren't any flat out faults.

If you keep up with the maintenance and don't abuse the bike, Kawi 250 engines should typically last you at least 30,000 miles and many people say up to 50,000.

The 250 Ninja was my first bike and I love it. I hope I can afford to keep it forever, no matter what other bike I may get. It's the perfect starter and it's usually an adequate ride even for the experienced riders. You wouldn't regret getting one!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement