Just bought my first bike! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Just bought my first bike!

I'm 21 years old and I just got my first bike, a 2011 Ninja 250r SE Green and Black. Taking the MSF course on September 3rd and 4th so far I went out and practiced 2 times and man is this fun. I'm about 5'11" and 255 lbs (down currently 77 lbs since march of this year. Getting this bike was somewhat of a goal/ reward I had set for myself. Plan to get down to 200 lbs by March of 2012. Now I didn't mean to turn this into a diet forum so here is some relevant substance to my post:

I gotta ask, Was the break in period given in the manual the one everyone follows? Because 4k rpms is like right around 40 mph in 6th gear. I mean i guess I can put 500 miles on the bike in my neighborhood and once i reach 500 miles i can take it up to 6k! WOOT! lol.

I'm just asking because if so it will just take a long time to get the break in out of the way. I know my dad was getting passed like he was walking it home when he rode it home from the dealer for me God damn drives where I live are crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Congrats! I don't know, but I'd follow the manual. After all, mothers knows best.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Break in procedure a few people I know have done, and have had no problems with as a result of doing it this way... http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 09:35 AM

congrats!!

congrats on the weight loss, getting your new bike and taking the course. I to am a big guy losing weight and passed the course last summer. Got my 2008 ninja two weeks ago and loving it!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 AM

Hey congrats on the weight loss and the new bike. I just won a 250R and have been having some fun on it. Not sure if I'm keeping it but it's fun while I have it.(I have another bike). What's your secret? I did a juice fast and lost about 20lbs now i'm at about 210, but I'm only 5'9" and want to be at about 180lbs. 150lbs would actually be best as that is a good BMI and really reduces the weight on a bike so you can go faster, but I don't think I need to get down to that to look good.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM

OT... weight loss
A few years ago I went from 225lbs to 195lbs in 6 months. All I did was exercise early in the morning (about 45 minutes worth of weights/cardio), some kind of active activity on the weekends (for me it was hiking or snowboarding) and count calories. I was eating 1800 calories a day, no more than that. Cut out soda completely, cut back on starches, increase protein. Weight loss is about will power. It's about making decisions that benefit your body. I learned that by reading this site: http://www.intense-workout.com/
The only weight loss diet that works, is the one you decide to follow without "cheat days". Those completely cancel any progress made.

Bottom line is, counting calories and moderate exercise worked for me.

Of course I broke my foot dirt biking and fell out of my routine, and now back over 200lbs... but I'm trying. lol

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement