Hello from Northern Arizona... Just wondering... - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Cool Hello from Northern Arizona... Just wondering...

I am thinking about either a honda cbr250 or the ninja 250r. Can someone please help me out with this problem? And also, is $2600 a good price for a 2008 ninja 250 with 800 miles on it?

Last edited by kewaboy; 05-20-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 07:43 PM

I just read an article comparing the differences between the CBR and the Ninja 250's. While the CBR seems to be a pretty good bike, the Ninja does offer two cylinders compared to the CBR one, so the Ninja can outrun the CBR. Styling in my opinion also goes to the Ninja. If I were to consider to get anything besides the Ninja, it would be the Hyosung GTR250R. But again thats just my opninion. Also I think 2600 for a mint condition '08 would be a pretty good deal, maybe try to get a little shaved off.

'09 Ninja 250
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Are the honda 250s out? I bought my ninja a month ago and the hondas werent out. the dealer was told this summer they would get them. If they got any at all cause what had been going on in japan. I personally like how the ninjas look over the hondas. In my husbands opinion the hondas are better bikes. But hes a honda man and swears by them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

I agree with you both, I think the Ninja looks 5x's better than the CBR. I really hate myself for not jumping on that deal a little earlier, because I got beat out of it!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM

i was just at my dealer last week and they had a honda 250 for sale so yeah they are avaible but as a ninja 250 rider i will say go for the ninja because they are amazing in so many ways. i did sit on the honda and the seat felt thinner than the 250s that could be kind of bad but at they same time better. Now by true suggestion go to the dealer sit on them see which one you feel is more comfortable then consider what your hearing from owners. also there is a comparison of the models on sportrider.com i Think. Enjoy

'09 Ninja 250R Special Edition
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

hey man, when i sat on the ninja, it felt right at home. But now that you mentioned the Hyosung 250R, I think that is also a bike worth looking at! I've still havent looked into a Honda as of yet, but I plan on looking at each of the three before I make my final decision by this weekend. Wish me luck guys!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 PM

heres a late Good Luck to you! Its a fun time when your out shopping for a motorcycle. And you do want to make a good decision too and not rush into it. The more I look at the Hyosung 250 the more I like it and its aggresive styling. I think when I finally make the jump to a bigger bike its going to be a tight race between the Kawasaki ZX-6r and the Hyosung 650 GTR.

'09 Ninja 250
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
ExH

the CBR looks pretty good in person. Pictures of it dont do it justice. But i went for the 250r i just personally like it better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement