New (To be) ninja 250r rider. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Smile New (To be) ninja 250r rider.

Hello everyone, my name is Kiefer and I have been riding for a couple months (Well more like Aug to Nov 13 because here where I live in BC, Canada is too damn cold!) on a crappy 88 ex500 that I bought because I didn't have much money and I only wanted to spend a grand. I'm a younger guy, 5"10 or so and very light about 130 pounds. I completely taught myself how to ride off of youtube videos and doing a lot of research + I drive stick.
I love taking photos of things with my Nikon d7000 so sometimes when I ride, I take my camera and go to places I've never been before just for great shots.

My 88 500 isn't in the best condition, but it still works good and all, just really old hahaha. And i've been looking at the 08-09 ninja 250r and I think i'm going with with one just because for my weight it looks perfect! Plus it looks gorgeous and it seems pretty powerful. The 500's power is insane! But imo its too much for me! so I think ill put $300 away a month for the ninja (considering I work full time and can afford it). I plan to buy the bike for driving to college 50km away (thats what I tell my parents) but I really want to buy it because riding gives me a feeling that nothing else can beat.. well maybe

Oh and i'm just wondering if anyone has rode while they're high?.. hehehe. I know how badly alcohol impairs your ability to do anything and hence the reason I never get close to vehicles while drinking, but how is it?(not saying id do it, just curious)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefer136 View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Kiefer and I have been riding for a couple months (Well more like Aug to Nov 13 because here where I live in BC, Canada is too damn cold!) on a crappy 88 ex500 that I bought because I didn't have much money and I only wanted to spend a grand. I'm a younger guy, 5"10 or so and very light about 130 pounds. I completely taught myself how to ride off of youtube videos and doing a lot of research + I drive stick.
I love taking photos of things with my Nikon d7000 so sometimes when I ride, I take my camera and go to places I've never been before just for great shots.

My 88 500 isn't in the best condition, but it still works good and all, just really old hahaha. And i've been looking at the 08-09 ninja 250r and I think i'm going with with one just because for my weight it looks perfect! Plus it looks gorgeous and it seems pretty powerful. The 500's power is insane! But imo its too much for me! so I think ill put $300 away a month for the ninja (considering I work full time and can afford it). I plan to buy the bike for driving to college 50km away (thats what I tell my parents) but I really want to buy it because riding gives me a feeling that nothing else can beat.. well maybe

Oh and i'm just wondering if anyone has rode while they're high?.. hehehe. I know how badly alcohol impairs your ability to do anything and hence the reason I never get close to vehicles while drinking, but how is it?(not saying id do it, just curious)
Drug impairment is the same as driving/riding drunk.

CCS & MCRA #81

2010 YZF-R6
2009 YZF-R6
2010 250R
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 01:31 PM

Ok first off go for the 250 you will love it. But riding high! You must have been high when you wrote this. Don't do it. When you are in a car you have 4 wheels, doors, and duh a seatbelt! You can crash, not high, even at 30mph and still die on a motorcycle. Stay away from the road on a bike and if you plan on being high all the time don't buy a bike. Save the bike and let someone else enjoy it not crash it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement