Hi - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
3bs

Hi

So I live in Dublin and I'm 19 years old. Got my 2010 ninja 250r back in november and it was my first bike and I didn't have any past experience with bikes.

I love riding it and all but it hasn't been easy trying not to go over 4k rpm for the first 500 miles. I can't go over like 60mph so highways are out of the question. I've reached 460 and I'm gonna take it in for it's first service this week. It doesn't have to be 500miles exactly, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM

Welcome

I thought it was 600 mile service. It doesn't matter though you can take it in now no worries. Are you from Dublin Ireland?

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
3bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichris View Post
Welcome

I thought it was 600 mile service. It doesn't matter though you can take it in now no worries. Are you from Dublin Ireland?
The manual says first service is at 500miles.
No I'm actually from Kuwait
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 06:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
welcome
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
The manual says first service is at 500miles.
No I'm actually from Kuwait
Let me rephrase. Do you live in Dublin Ireland, or a different Dublin? If you live in Ireland you would have the FI version as opposed to the carbureted version which would be the reason for the different service interval.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM

Keeping it under 4k RPM's is only a recommendation. I varied my RPM's, speed and amount of acceleration etc during my break in period and the dealership said I did very well with the break in. It is nearly impossible to keep it under 4k as anytime I went over 40 it was already over 4k. You should be fine... and Welcome to the forum!

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
3bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichris View Post
Let me rephrase. Do you live in Dublin Ireland, or a different Dublin? If you live in Ireland you would have the FI version as opposed to the carbureted version which would be the reason for the different service interval.
Oh lol yeah Dublin Ireland. I forgot that the US has like 3 or 4 Dublins. And yeah I do have the FI version. What's the difference though? Don't know much about bikes
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
3bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Keeping it under 4k RPM's is only a recommendation. I varied my RPM's, speed and amount of acceleration etc during my break in period and the dealership said I did very well with the break in. It is nearly impossible to keep it under 4k as anytime I went over 40 it was already over 4k. You should be fine... and Welcome to the forum!
I do go over 4k every once in a while but I don't stay above 4k I try go lower. I live in the city and I don't need to go over 4k cause at the top gear I'll be doing about 60kph when I'm at 4k rpm and the top speed is 50kph. But it sucks not being able to go on highways which would speed up the process of breaking it in.
How high can I go? I was just told it's best to switch gears up and down a lot in the break in period so the parts wear in or something.

Last edited by 3bs; 02-15-2011 at 08:21 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
Im kinda glad I got a used bike (with less than 2700 miles on it) cause all this breaking in talk is confusing LOL :-) BUT LUCKY YOU!!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
3bs

It's not really confusing, just a pain in the ass and I still have another 500 miles to go lol. Maybe that's not much, but on my bike, and the fact that I can't go on highways, it really is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement