Hi, Brand spankin new rider.... - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
Wink Hi, Brand spankin new rider....

Hi Everyone.
Im brand spankin new to riding, bought my first bike yesterday a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250, besides the MSF course I completed last month, yesterday was the first time I actually rode a motorcycle. I thought for sure that Id only be riding in my neighborhood for a week or more before being ready to go on the road, but as soon as we got home with the bike I was like "lets go show it off" LOL so, I was off...Rode about 3 hours and didnt wanna get off :-) So my first day of riding was my first day on the road, first day in traffic and first night ride ...eventful and amazing.

Ive been a passanger on my boyfriends 2006 Yamaha R1 for about 3 yrs now....and I LOOOOVE it! The speed, the leaning, its an incredible rush! So Ive been wanting to learn to ride for quite sometime now. I got the Riding course as a Christmas gift and thats all it took :-) I was hooked!!!

Im soo exxxcited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 AM
"A"

Congrats.. enjoy the ride and most importantly, stay alive..

Mankind is doomed, Find out why.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FunSizedNinjaGrl Send a message via Yahoo to FunSizedNinjaGrl
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 AM

welcome! i wish i could go for a ride right now, but too much snow...

-Sean
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

too much snow...

sorry to hear about that....ive taken the bike out for a couple rides since saturday. very short rides. like for example today was to dunkin donuts for a coffee and then back home LOL...
Im by myself all day so Im riding alone, not sure if Im ready to venture great distances alone right now...so staying close to home HAHA.

But OMG, i love it!!!

Someone said to me today as I was getting on the bike to go home "wow, nice. what is it a 600?" I said ,"no, a 250" and I started it and they said "Thats a cute scooter but oh man i have lawn mowers louder than that"
I was like KICK ROADS DUDE...

**Brandi
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:28 PM

Welcome to the forum and the lifestyle!! Don't worry about what others say, you are doing the right thing by starting with a 250! Too many people try to start on a bigger bike and spend more time being scared of it than actually learning how to ride properly. If you don't like the stock muffler you can definitely upgrade. I did the hotbodies MGP Growler slip-on and it's way louder than most bikes I've come across...lol.

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

cazper...thanks...im gonna look into that :-)
i was also thinking of some decals to cover up the road rash from previous owner, but i want something cool, not the monster stuff.....something pink lol.. (monster decals are cool, dont get me wrong, just not what i want)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 PM

No need to justify not liking Monster sticker...lol. I totally get it... besides decals are a cheaper way to cover up damge than repainting. You also might end up dropping it yourself depending on your experience level. Good luck in whatever you choose!

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement