Checking in - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Checking in

New to this forum, but I have ridden for many of my 49.9 years...
Quickly: what does the "PSR" mean on the sides of my 2009 250R? I have searched this forum and others without result....

The long story: My daughter recently rec'd her license through the MSF course, and she has her heart set on, of course, a 250 Ninja. Being a responsible dad, I was looking for an early model b/c I know it will be going down, tipping over, whatever, at some point. Even though she's been on foot pegs for 12 of her 18 years, we all know the street is different. She was really bummed that her first street bike would not be the showroom model she sat on over the winter. However...two weeks ago I found this '09 with 365 miles and an owner who was in serious trouble (no reg., DUI, etc, etc.) After researching the VIN with my insurance, DMV, and that state's local PD, I bought the bike for less than I expected to pay for a much older model. The bike was down on the left side, covered in dirt, and has a broken mirror. But I could see it would all clean up, and a test ride revealed fully functioning mechanics. I have changed the fluids, repaired the blinker, mirror comes back from the glass place today(I'll let you know what a new piece of glass costs, installed in the old mirror, later).
My daughter is teaching at a Summer School 'til the end of the month and has no idea what is sitting in the garage...yet...until then it's been my part-time ride. Closest Kawi dealer is an hour away....have not made it there yet.....At any rate....what's the PSR on the side fairings?
Thanks,
Rich

Last edited by GreenMtnHunter; 07-13-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: additon/signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 AM

Congrats on the purchase... sounds like you got a good deal. Not sure of the PSR, also haven't heard of that... can you take a picture of it and post it? Is it a decal... if so sounds like something the previous owner probably added. Let us know what you find out!

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Head Janitor

Welcome to the forum!

PSR? PowerStands Racing? They make motorcycle stands and other accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:19 PM

And Vtec44 is the winner... here is a link to their website with the exact same logos as your bike:

http://www.powerstands.com/

Although I don't see anything about bodywork... but I would just suspect that something else was purchased from them and they were representing them. I saw a link on one of the other sites about looking for riders to sponsor... but anyway, there is your answer!

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement