New Rider, With Questions Please - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

New Rider, With Questions Please

Whats up everybody. Im a new rider who recently bought a 2003 ninja 250. I have ridden lots of cruisers but this is my first street bike so I bought something small so I wouldnt kill myself lol. Anyway, I am almost mechanically retarded, but I go real interested in the mechanics of my bike and wanted to start learning about it myself. Just in the last 2 weeks I was able to read and completely torn down my bike, clean the carbs, change the oil and oil filter, and reroute some hoses that were acting up. I was able to get it all back together, but since I have, I have noticed misfiring from the exhausts when at high rpms when its not moving. And also after I let off the throttle it drops to about 3000 rpms then takes a couple seconds to get back down to idle range. I have a feeling its the idle mixture screws from what I was reading, but any help would be appreciated. I have a clymers manual and a manual from cyclepedia and have also printed out a lot from the ninja 250 wiki. Thanks Guys

Info about bike
Year:2003
Mileage: 5140
Model: Ninja 250

If you would like any other information or specs please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM

Carb clean

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Nol pup, he already cleaned the carbs.

What he needs to do is get the carbs synced to get rid of the problems he is having.

Get the gauges (IIRC Motion Pro makes a set of two dial gauges that are great and around $50 for the set (I have them).

Or get a pair of standard vacuum guages from the auto parts store or Harbor Freight and roll your own.

Sync instructions can be found in the Clymer manual you have or online through a lot of sources.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement