new rider in fort worth tx. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

new rider in fort worth tx.

Hello everyone, my name is John im 18 year old and basically looking to get my first bike. After a little bit of research i have decided to go with a 250 ninja.

I have not purchase the bike yet, BUT i found a bike on the local craigslist for a 09 ninja 250 for 1500 price is extremely low and i feel like its too good to be true? any advice on what I should do.

also i already went through all the motorcycle course and got my license. also i read through the thread on what to check for when buying used, that definitely gave me an idea. But to be honest with you guys i dont know shit about motorcycle so i really dont know what to look for.

any suggestion

also he's is open for allowing me to go on a test drive. but since i have no riding experience i really have no idea what is good what is bad, and what is normal and what isnt.

so if anyone could help me out please let me know!!!
and once again hello everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

As to your questions of what to look for in a used bike, check out this thread:

https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2770

My opening post is a detailed rundown of what to look for.

Good luck and hope you get that bike soon.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 12:14 PM

adding to what Slick said, I think one of the best things you can do is take a friend/relative that knows about bikes and owns a bike with you. They can test ride it for you and they'll be able to give you a lot better details than the seller will admit

You can also try and get a local motorcycle mechanic to go with you. You'd be surprised, many will say "yes" because they'll want your service whenever you do get a bike.

I took a close friend of mine with me to look at 3 different bikes and he helped me make the right choice. Haven't regretted the decision of bringing him with me. I had no idea what I was doing. What Slick said is spot on as to what you should look out for, but only an experienced rider is going to know what the norm is with those things.

I bet one of your MSF course instructors would probably go with you too!

Good luck, and it's good to have another Texan in here!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

well good news guys i purchased the bike. I arrived there with a friend who use to ride he was probably the most knowledgable person I know, even though he wasnt the expert he definitely helped. Purchased the bike for 1350 09 with 12k miles some work does need to be done i.e no blinkers the light on the odometer is out, been dropped with a few small scratches on the left side and the front break needs work but it still rides perfectly. Even with all that i still felt like it was a steal. With all the little knick knacks that need to be work on it definitely give me an opportunity to learn some about the bike myself.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

now im in a battle with my mom and the bike
never told her i was gonna get one kinda just went out and got it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM

Congrats, you are 18 though and just tell her your responsible and will be safe. Undersand she is just worried but don't stop your want to ride because of it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Hello guys!
I am also a new member of this forum, I just come inn here. I would like to get nice post from in this quality's of site.
Thanks a lot for nice shearing..........
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 AM

I am also a new member of this forum.................
Thanks a lot...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement