New guy from Arkansas - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

New guy from Arkansas

Just got my first bike. Its a 08 250r with 4500 miles on it. I haven't had a chance to ride it much, just got my license a couple days ago and it's been raining. I'll be taking the safety course in the next few weeks. So until then, i'll just stick to cruising around my neighborhood.

Not really sure what my plans are with this bike other then ride it. In the car world i'm an autox'er and I love to race and prep cars for classes. I'm a Lexus Tech so I love to work on stuff. Its going to be hard to leave the bike alone and just ride it, but that's the plan as of now

This is my bike as it sits. I have a front fork seal leaking so I'll be replacing that and the front brakes. The rear brakes are pretty thin so I'm going to do those at the same time. Its lowered, I'm only 5'7", but I want the bike raised back up to get the suspension geometry correct. to get the suspension geometry correct. It has the dunlop gt501 tires on it, not sure how I'm going to like them. Im sure they will be just fine for now They feel pretty hard to me. I'll probably look for a stickier tire in the few months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Welcome. Look up a road racing track near you. Do a track day, at least one. You'll love it. I also used to do autoX in my Subaru.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

I do plan on doing a track day once I get more use to riding. Hallet raceway in OK is close. MIR is close in Memphis. Dallas isn't a bad drive for me either, I drive down there to autox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Barber is a little farther drive for you, but well worth it. Barber is by far my favorite track. NESBA has a weekend scheduled there in mid March.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement