New from HAWAII - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

New from HAWAII

Aloha folks,

Just picked up an '08 250R in pretty good shape, about 8k miles and runs really nice. I just sold my last project (Suzuki Savage, bobber conversion) for a little profit and used that to pick up the ninja, primarily as a learner bike for my daughter but I'll be putting some miles on it as I'm a daily commuter (which I do year round here in the 50th state). I've owned a Honda Shadow, Suzuki S40, the Ninja and my daily driver is a '17 Indian Scout. I do a couple of touring runs on the mainland each year, last one was in August, about 1100 miles on an electra glide throughout PA-NY-OH, renting from eagle rider.

Mechanically the 250R appears to be in very good state; thus my projects will involve the body panels, LED lighting and a few other fairly simple tasks. Looks like the previous owner never did any chain maintenance as it was loose and had surface rust, so I'll be measuring that out and checking the sprockets as well. Hopefully just a proper adjsutment is needed.

-RH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 07:58 AM

Man, that's a great thing you're doing for your daughter. I bet she'll love the Ninja. I wish my paps did the same thing for me, quite frankly. haha
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 AM

Congrats on your new purchase, great input guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement