New from Socal - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

New from Socal

Hey guys! 28 year old married guy here finally getting around to buying a bike. I think that two wheels and an engine is probably encoded into our dna on some level and mine finally kicked in... its time. So here I am reading everything I can get my hands while I shop for my first bike.

I'm sure there are more of us down here in California, hopefully I'll get to know some of you better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:17 PM

only thing i can say is the 250 is awesome but if u like to go fast and not feel like your pushing it on the 250 then you might wanna think about a 600 or 650. i bought a brand new ninja 250 and dont get me wrong i love it but i was back at the dealer 5 days later lol

yeah its a 250 so what....you have a mountain bike with a 50cc motor straped to it!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM

250's go 100mph, if you NEED more than that, you're crazy lol. 250's are light and quick, nimble in turns(possibly the best cornering bike on the market), accelerate faster than most cars, and get better gas mileage than any other bike that can go any legal speed limit in the US. The only reason I plan on upgrading eventually to a bigger bike is for a more comfortable touring ride...as well as better passenger handling. Though the 250 is awesome to take on trips. If I had a seat cushion of some sort, I could go forever. Other than my butt, nothing feels weird after riding for a few hours

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 AM

Welcome to the board. I'm down in Oceanside.

If you have the money for a 600+ go for it. 250 is enough, like everyone else has said, but it's nice to have the extra power. Imagine buying a Dodge Neon knowing you could own a Dodge Viper. The Neon is economical, easy to maintain and cheap, but you'll eventually want the Viper. Best way I can put it.

I bought my first bike (09' 250R) from a friend a month ago and love it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a larger bike. For now this will do, but I will upgrade in the future.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhalffull View Post
I bought my first bike (09' 250R) from a friend a month ago and love it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a larger bike. For now this will do, but I will upgrade in the future.
I'm thinking I'll be doing the same thing. Im a big fan of the sv650 but I'm not sure I want to spend double or more what a 250r would cost for my first bike. That and it seems like the concensus is that a 250r will teach a new rider faster than a larger bike by allowing them to push the bike further with limited skills. Not to mention the rising price of gas... 4.41 over Memorial Day weekend.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM

Yikes! Its 3.58 where I am in boston :-)

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement