Re-Intro - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Re-Intro

Hello again, last time i posted i was about to purchase a 08 Black Ninja 250 that turned out to be not in its best of shape for the price. Originally i was looking for an 08+ but seeing this is my first bike, i decided whatever best deal i came upon i'll get it regardless of looks.

Here in NC it's really hard to find a "good" deal on any smaller CC Bikes because of it's high demand, so usually all bikes are over KBB value.

(08+ is really hard to find under $3,300; $3,000 if your lucky and in ok condition)

(Pre-08 prices are all over the place. $1000-$1500 for crap to ok condition and $2500 for Good condition regardless of year and mileage)

I found an 05 Ninja EX250 with 3,000 miles, clean title, in excellent like new looking and running condition for $1999! (Haggling from $2500) out the door at a Dealer. I think that its a decent price in these parts.

Fluids are up-to-date.

I don't know much about bikes, but what should i inspect given the year and milage just to make sure everything is tick-tock?

Here are some pics, i will try to get MUCH better pictures after mother day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 PM

I'll tell you one thing, you've got either an '06 or an '07. The two things that tell me that are the flame decals and the style of turn signals. I'm thinking it's an '07.

Either way, that is one heck of an awesome deal, man. It's only got 3,000 miles so it's probably just about broken in. I'd go ahead and change the oil if I were you. Also check the tire pressure. Honestly, with a bike in that great of condition there's not a whole lot else you need to do.

Again, heck of a deal and welcome to the site. I have a bike a lot like yours. The previous owner removed the flames and I did everything else to it

https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1397

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM

just for future stuff, I'd definitely consider replacing the stock tires. They wear out pretty quick and have terrible wet traction. And I mean horrible. If you ever get caught in the rain, it's really scary. I upgraded to Pirelli Sport Demons and they've done wonders. I've also heard Kenda's are really good and will probably try those next. Kenda's are cheaper than the stocks also

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

I really like "tadster00" mods. I am definitely going to get the flush mount turn signals.

As far as flames go, I think this is the ONLY flames that flow well with this color. I have seen a lot of other ex250's with some of the ugliest flames (The Black and Purple/Green flames :O what was Kawasaki thinking when they made that combo) I may take them off, but i feel it'll hold its value better with that "Stock" look.

But yes i am excited, i couldn't take the bike home today (hence no better pictures) as i have yet to get my Permit, i have to get a U-Haul trailer sometime early Next week.. Too busy this week unfortunately .

I have signed up for the MSF Course which i should start sometime very soon. As well as my roommate having 7 years of biking experience is also a plus.

Last edited by elninoloco7; 05-15-2012 at 05:56 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 AM

it's an 07, the 06 has flames around the word ninja as well (i have an 06)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement