Greetings fronm OLD Newbie. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Greetings fronm OLD Newbie.

Hi,I'm 70 yo retired mechanic. Been riding and wrenching for 60 yrs. Have owned 50+ bikes. Just swapped a normalized(uncruisered) VN750 for an 02 ex250. It was a great trade as the VN had been replaced as my everyday bike w an 00 SV650. I recently sold both my FT500 Ascot and Kymco S250 scooter so the Ninja will fill the bill as rack bike on our old RV. I was immediately at home on the ex being into that style since the 50s. Yes-I knew about MV,Gilera,& Guzzi when I was still in Jr High. I raced w the CRA at Brainerd in the 70s(RD400) and continued as the Paddock Marshal until 95. I swore off project bikes last winter but can't help myself. The SV already has suspension upgraded and I just bought 600 shock on ebay for ex. I'll be ordering Gold Valves, springs, and manual CCT soon. Just like my 2 dogs the EX & SV will be vying for attention while my Aprilia looks on from the background. "GUZZI" John Pierson-Champlin,Mn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement