Getting started - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Getting started

Hello all, I am purchasing an 02 Ninja 250r probably next week. It doesn't run, and needs a couple odds and ends. I purchased this rather cheap and am looking forward to the learning experience in both the mechanical and riding sides. I have ridden bikes, but never piloted one, and I look forward to any and all advice all those more experienced than me are willing to give. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 PM

How much ya getting it for? Do you have any mechanical experience at all? The 250 is such a great learner bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170
Just remember.."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic
For every person that came in "too hot" and ran off the track, there is somebody else who comes into that same turn, even hotter, on purpose.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 PM

If you have even the faintest mechanical ability and some money, then you should be able to fix it up pretty easily. Make sure you use ninja250.org the FAQ and how-to's have done wonders for me with my '07

Just to teach a little nomenclature: technically our model of 250 is called the EX250-F. The newer model is the EX250-J, but better known and marketed as the 250r. Just fyi when you want to search for stuff online and what not

Didn't take my bike from dead to working, so I can't really give you advice there, though I may be able to help out with a specific mechanical issue.

As far as riding goes, the bike will teach you by itself. It is THE EASIEST bike to learn on. I love mine and so glad I bought it. It's my first bike and I'd only ridden an 80cc scooter before getting it and it was a simple transition. If you can drive a standard car, then changing gears should be a no-brainer for you. Good luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 04-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement