New rider in AZ - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

New rider in AZ

Whats up guys, I just bought a ninja 250r about a week ago. It is my first bike, and I have already dropped it twice . I already need to replace pretty much all my fairings, my windshield, both front turn signals, both rear view mirrors and some other cosmetic stuff, needless to say I am irritated about that but its no ones fault but my own... Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning all I can from the community of this forum and to contribute once I have the knowledge to do so as I'm still very very new to motorcycles.

Edit: I'll be that annoying guy you'll see all over the forums asking questions upon questions upon more questions. And I do apologize ahead of time, I honestly know very very little about my own bike let alone bikes in general.

Last edited by Samfb24; 10-16-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 09:08 AM

Garage
Welcome, here are just a few things to think about,

1.Get trained and licensed MSF Courses

2.ALWAYS Wear protective gear -- ATGATT All The Gear, All The Time -- including a helmet manufactured to the standards set by a government agency.

3.ALWAYS Ride unimpaired by alcohol or other drugs

4.ALWAYS Ride within your own skill limits

5.Be a lifelong learner by taking refresher rider courses, and advanced rider course A.R.C.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218237

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...8&postcount=26

A.T.G.A.T.T. so I may ride another day.

A.T.G.A.T.T so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.

Last edited by Ghostt; 10-17-2015 at 09:15 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I do plan on taking some courses, they're just a little pricey so I can't at the moment, but its def in the to do list. Gear is something I don't have yet with the exception of a helmet which I do have. I need to start reading up on what brands are good and all that good stuff... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit overwhelmed by it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 06:57 PM

Garage
Remember to buy quality gear, be it leather or textile, I have both kinds. Everything from mesh textile for hot weather, to full racing leathers. Remember gloves and boots are very important.

My personal choices for gear manufacturer's are,

Fieldsheer, for jackets, pants, gloves, all of my gear it Fieldsheer.

Oxtar, for boots they have since changed name to TCX.

Fulmer for all my helmets.

Casual armour I have Bohn Bodyguard system.

I know that starting out can be overwhelming, and be a bit expensive, but consider the cost of a trip to the ER, lost time for work, or worse.

Almost all my gear I've purchased off eBay, most of it used, saved major money that way, also there are websites that sell closeout gear for cheap.

Example,
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

And all major website have a closeout section,
http://www.revzilla.com/closeouts

An excellent website for review is http://www.webbikeworld.com/

Hope this gets you thinking, and any questions please feel free to contact me.

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.

Last edited by Ghostt; 10-17-2015 at 07:00 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Definitely taking note of all the great info you are giving me. I'm feeling even more overwhelmed but hey, its art of venturing in new territories right. I like that bohn bodyguard system a lot for casual riding. Almost $300 for a shirt + pants combo, holy crap. Honestly speaking, I'm bummed that I just got my bike and its already beat to hell. Honestly don't even feel like riding it in that condition :-/. It may just sit for a little while as I stock up on gear and gather up the parts to fix her.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 06:40 PM

Garage
Almost all my gear, parts etc I've got off eBay, the trick is to be patient and wait for that deal to come along. You can save a bunch of money that way.

I'm an A.T.G.A.T.T person, so I practice what I preach, check out www.rockthegear.org it was started by a good friend of mine Brittany "Queen B" Morrow. As her whole life was changed in an instant, and how she began her personal crusade to educate the public about gear.

I know the MSF COURSE and gear costs might seem like much, but in the long run they more than pay for themselves, trust me.

Good luck, and be safe.

ZX-2R Photo gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement