New rider from Sydney just taken delivery - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

New rider from Sydney just taken delivery

Hi everyone,

Having only ridden a bike once in my life (to get my L plates) I took delivery of my Ninja last week and have finally converted from 4 wheels to 2 after a decade . I look forward to sharing how I go as I learn. At the minute it petrifies me a little, as Im so scared of damaging it, (learning from scratch on a new bike probably isnt the best idea). Looking forward to getting up to speed as still mastering clutch control at the moment!

I love my new bike and am happy to join the site. Ive added a couple of pictures below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1279.jpg (133.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1299.jpg (93.3 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Welcome, and for the record I am jealous! I haven't bought mine yet.

Just learn at your own pace, and ask any and lal questions, someone will help you out.

Enjoy the ride and 250R.com

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Any updates? Your expectations, insight, advice to new owners?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM

My advise is remember people in cars don't care your on a bike s forget them let them pass you, go speed limit! Watch the forecast of its gonna be windy go out at night get used to the wind without a ton of traffic, same with rain etc. Clutch is the key to everything in an emergency hold in the clutch and apply both breaks. Invest in some good equipment. Practice in your neighborhood, when you feel good hit the roads. Also practice starting off in first on hills! Find the biggest incline and practice. I only have about 400 miles under my belt and most were solo. It's much more fun and safer when riding in packs I just don't know many riders so I just roll out. Also take safety course if you haven't already! I still have not but I'm set up in June to do so. Everyone recommends that. Good luck....keep the shiny side up

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansin View Post
My advise is remember people in cars don't care your on a bike s forget them let them pass you, go speed limit! Watch the forecast of its gonna be windy go out at night get used to the wind without a ton of traffic, same with rain etc. Clutch is the key to everything in an emergency hold in the clutch and apply both breaks. Invest in some good equipment. Practice in your neighborhood, when you feel good hit the roads. Also practice starting off in first on hills! Find the biggest incline and practice. I only have about 400 miles under my belt and most were solo. It's much more fun and safer when riding in packs I just don't know many riders so I just roll out. Also take safety course if you haven't already! I still have not but I'm set up in June to do so. Everyone recommends that. Good luck....keep the shiny side up

not necessarily true. A lot of times it can be more dangerous. I'd definitely not encourage new riders to do any group riding. If you're inexperienced, then ride with two(at least two) experienced riders and you ride in between them.

It is definitely NOT safer for two or more inexperienced riders to ride in a group together.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 PM

It was only my experience, the group I rode with taught me a ton especially about riding in groups. I was perfectly safe and did my longest ride with them again just my experience.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 PM

I'd prefer to go alone I don't wanna have an accident b/c some1 else whether it's there fault( ignorance ) or not ( blow out or animal ) that's just me

We raise hell bitch!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 PM

I hear you most of my riding has been solo but I feel like when its a few riders that other people in cars are less of jerks and more aware. Being on an island alone is cool but I'm still at a point where I'm learning and everyone I've ridden with has years under their belt. They were all Harley guys too. One thing about those guys is they stick together and that's one thing I'm all about I got my friends back they got mine. I certainly wouldn't recommend going out riding with a bunch of rookies....no way no how that could be a big problem. But rolling with 3 or 4 long timers just for one whole day gave me a ton of knowledge. One of the guys at a stop light told some jerk to roll down his window and chewed his ass out

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM

For riding up on his ass. And the dude backed off and started driving with respect to those of us on bikes. It's all preference but taking your time being well equipped and safety course I recommend no matter what. I just love riding and want all riders of all bikes all colors ages etc to be safe

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Sounds like a Psa announcement . But true

We raise hell bitch!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement